1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2015 4:33 AM by thanhluan

DH61WW BIOS update problem ???

Awais Qarni

Hi

I recently updated my DH61WW board's BIOS from version 0048 to 0099, BIOS was updated successfully but my system is stuck on start up screen. It goes into options etc but do not load OS.

I tried BIOS recovery but it also did not worked.

• 1. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
          Muhammad Naveed

Same problem happened with me when i upgraded to bios 0099 but I hv successfully recovered my PC.

You cannot down grade your bios , so update it to latest version (0113) using the recovery method as define in this site Desktop Boards — Instructions for F7 BIOS Flash update, after this the boot screen flashes and it appears again and again. To solve this problem you have to install OS again.

Kindly mark it correct answer if it helps

• 2. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
            leoortega

I have a problem after updating the bios. since I did I have no more audio. which may be the problem?

all this correctly, you run speaker, sound settings right.

check the bios and the audio is activated. formatie the machine 3 times. any ideas?

• 3. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
              Diego_Intel

Even thought the issue started after a BIOS update, the problem is not the same, so a new thread should be created for this issue.

In this case, please do so, and include the version of the audio drivers installed, operating system installed, screenshots of what you see in the Device Manager under audio controllers, and on the audio properties (on control panel). Please post these screenshots in this forum and not through a third party site.

• 4. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                mayank.d

Please someone help me. I have tried to update the BIOS version on my Intel DH61WW motherboard from BEH6110H.86A.0016.2011.0118.1128 to BEH6110H.86A.0099 and it got stuck every time I powered on the system. And the Intel Management Engine Information Firmware was 7.0.2.1164 but now its showing 0.0.0.0.

I have read several forums and tried to remove CMOS battery and jumpers but no luck.

I have upgraded the BIOS version from 0048 to 0099, till 0048 everything works fine. And when I tried to update the firmware again to 0099 it got stuck and if I tried to update other firmwares like 0109, 0111, 0113 or 0116 the system reboots.

Please Help !

• 5. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                  Diego_Intel

I suggest that you to take the system out of the chassis, place it on a non-conductive surface like a newspaper, a magazine or something similar, leave only motherboard, power supply, processor and Heat Sink/fan. Remove all the rest of components

Then, clear the CMOS removing the CMOS battery and all power cables from the power supply to the motherboard, leaving the system without power for 20 minutes at least. After the 20 minutes reconnect the 2x12 and 2x2 power cables. Add one memory stick and try a BIOS recovery using a USB thumb drive with the instructions on the following article:

Desktop Boards | Instructions for Recovery BIOS update

Be sure to disconnect all peripherals not required for the update, even the mouse, keyboard, hard drives and any other CD/DVD ROM, this may take up to 15 minutes even if there is no display on the system

The file required is the one marked as BIO file on the BIOS download page. Choose any version you may like from 0099 or above.

If the problem persists a replacement motherboard may be required, so contact your local support group using the contact information here:

Contact Support

• 6. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                    mayank.d

Thanks for the information Diego. I have done step by step as per your instructions and finally it boot up into the windows after changing the SATA configuration from ACHI to IDE. But when I attached my other HDD the computer starts but monitor is showing blanked, I mean it just strated but couldn't display anthing on the screen. I tried to change the Ram also but no luck.

It just starts but with no display. Even after removing that HDD still the same issue persist. Please help. Thanks in advance !

• 7. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                      Diego_Intel

You will need to clear the CMOS, remove devices and then start adding devices one by one again to see which one is the root cause of this problem.

• 8. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                        mayank.d

Hi Diego,

Appreciate your help. Thanks a ton.

As you said earlier, I removed mobo from the chassis and remove devices connected to mobo. Then wait for almost 20mins and plugged single ram stick and a usb thumb drive also I put cmos battery back to the mobo but cmos jumper is still removed in order to do recovery. Mobo starts recovering from 0099 to 0109 firmware and it was sucessfully completed. then I put the devices back one by one and it works PERFECTLY :-)

Although I need to recover my windows 8 as it shows some issue to start but now everything works Perfectly.

Please find the snapshots of work around.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IMG_20131018_1447031919180685.jpgIMG_20131018_105159-799386778.jpgIMG_20131018_104658430581714.jpgIMG_20131018_104030-1925084214.jpgIMG_20131018_1039361343940856.jpg

• 9. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                          Diego_Intel

Hey hey, nice to know you got your system back mayank.d.

Thank you for the screenshots, they should be valuable for other users trying what you have just done.

• 10. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                            Arialdo

Diego good morning

I have the same problem with DH61DL. I just upgraded from 048 to 099 and now it' freezing at start up..I would like to recover it with 0120 BIO.Is it possible? Should I remove at all the jumper of bios and the try to recover?

• 11. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                              WaseemMohsin

I am trying to update bios 0046 to 0120 but i cant i tried everything i have removed cmoz battery, jumper and fully disconnected from all power cables pls help me to update

Pls guide me to how to update step by step or video

I am running intel core i3 3220 processor intel dh61ww motherboard 4 gb of ram nvidia geforce 610 2 gb graphic card

I didn't update bios for long time

Kindly reply as soon as you can

Thank you.....

• 12. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                                WaseemMohsin

Successfully updated...

I updated directly 0046 to 0120

But the procedure is update step by step

First 0048

At last 0120

I have updated latest bios successfully

During this update i have faced this problems

"Capsule header invalid".

Thank God......

• 13. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                                  WaseemMohsin

Successfully updated...

I updated directly 0046 to 0120

But the procedure is update step by step

First 0048

At last 0120

I have updated latest bios successfully

During this update i have faced this problems

"Capsule header invalid".

Thank God......

• 14. Re: DH61WW BIOS update problem ???
                                    sylvia_intel

I’m glad to know that you were able to update the BIOS on your board.

Regarding the error you were getting, it was because your board had a specific BIOS that first needs to be applied before you can get to the latest version 120. Here are the notes about that:

BIOS  61ww.JPG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    1 2 Previous Next