4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 12:21 PM by kelzipan

iusb3mon.exe requesting permission to run every startup

Steve Popp

I have a DP77GA-70K motherboard and I updated the USB 3.0 drivers from USB3.0_Win7_1.0.6.245_PV.exe to USB3.0_Win7_1.0.7.248_PV.zip -

I unzipped the contents of the .zip file and ran the Setup.exe as "administrator" and when I rebooted the system I am always getting  an "Open File - Security Warning" for iusb3mon.exe , this just started happening after I updated the drivers for USB 3.0. If I choose to run it the warning box goes away and every thing is fine, but every time I restart the system this warning message comes up for file.

I don't want to uncheck the box "Always ask before opening this file" because I have heard that it will not only allow this particualr file to run without asking again but will allow any .EXE file to run without asking (i.e. mal-ware and other such undesireables).

Is this a glitch in Intel's install process for this driver? I have tried un-installing and re-installing the driver but the result is always the same.

Please help,

Steve

• 1. Re: iusb3mon.exe requesting permission to run every startup
          Steve Popp

Never mind,  I figured it out.  The iusb3mon.exe file still had the Block feature in it's file properties. Read somewhere to right click on the .ZIP file and in the General tab click the Unblock button then Apply. You need to do this before the zip file is extracted or the files will still cary thier Blocked properties.

I uninstalled the USB 3.0 software and Unblocked the .ZIP file and then extracted it and ran the setup again and everything is working fine now.

Maybe Intel needs to mention something about Unblocking ZIP files before extracting them, especially if they are going to provide driver files in a non-self extracting-running format (generic ZIP file).

I read that you could just unblock the EXE file but you need to move it to a differnt folder first, Unblocking the ZIP file and re-installing seemed much easier and that way I wouldn't miss any other files that should have been unblocked.

Steve.

• 2. Re: iusb3mon.exe requesting permission to run every startup
            j2w

I have the same problem.

Please could you explain a bit more detailed what you mean with:

"Read somewhere to right click on the .ZIP file and in the General tab click the Unblock button then Apply."

?

• 3. Re: iusb3mon.exe requesting permission to run every startup
              Steve Popp

After you download the zip file, locate it in Windows explorer. Right-click on the zip file and click on "Properties" from the flyout toolbar. On the botton of the "General" tab there is a Security line that says "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer." , next to it is a button labeled "Unblock".

Click on the "Unblock" button then click on "Apply" then "OK". Unzip the file as usual then run the setup program.

You need to "Unblock" the zip file BEFORE you unzip it!!!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: iusb3mon.exe requesting permission to run every startup
                j2w

Thank you! It works fine now!

I did the mistake to move the zip file to another location. Then this security line does not appear on the property tab.

• 5. Re: iusb3mon.exe requesting permission to run every startup
                  kelzipan

Thanks for this post!  I just had this happen to me after I updated some drivers for an AOC portable LCD that wouldn't run on my Lenovo laptop.  I did just move the file to the desktop, unblocked it, and moved it back in.  So far, it seems to have worked.  Very annoying though.    Google led me here for the iusb3mon.exe prompt.  Thanks again.