2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 2:06 AM by steeveeet

DZ77GA-70K Fails to boot

steeveeet

Hard to come up with a good subject line for this because I have a pretty random problem.

I installed windows 7 quite happily, all was well and then I tried tweaking the CPU and memory performance up a little to see what would happen.

When I rebooted POST failed a couple of times and it asked me if I wanted to enter set-up to set things back to defaults.

Since then I've had no joy. Every time I boot I get an error code 10 (and CPU hot warning light) the system then powers down and restarts and sometimes it gets past error code 10. Sometimes it reboots when it gets to code 14 and often it hangs indefinitely on 12.

Pulling out the battery for a few hours to see if that would help but didn't have any effect.

I did have some success with recovery bios - I managed to get far enough in to flash the bios via USB, but only once, now I can't get back to that stage again (consistently hanging on error code 12).

Sometimes I get error 20 an 3 long beeps - though I I switch to bios recovery mode that goes away for a bit.

I'm completely baffled - does anyone have any idea?