2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 4:14 PM by kokesh

New Fujitsu AH532/Win7 Centrino 2230 gets no or unusable signal

kokesh

I recently got Fujitsu AH532 laptop with Centrino 2230 NIC. Even if I stand beside the AP, I never get full signal. If I try to use it than, the connection drops and is generally unusable. I've tried it with several accesspoints with the same results. If I walk further from the AP, I get no connection whatsoever.

If i plug cheap $5 802.11n USB stick from eBay, I get full signal and eventually really long rage.

I've heard about a guy with his AH532 having antenna disconnected from the factory, but it isn't my case.

There is a black antenna connected to "Main 1" and a gray one connected to "Aux 2". I've disconnected and reconnected them just to make sure there isn't a bad contact. It didn't help.

Anybody has idea, if the cables shouldn't be connected in the opposite order? I've read quite a lot from people having the same kind of trouble with this NIC in this forum.

What to do? I am sure the problem isn't in my Accesspoints. I have turned off powersaving features for the adapter.

centrino.jpg

I have the most recent drivers from Intel's site,