0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2013 9:30 PM by Ryan Woodland

USB problems with DX79TO motherboard

Ryan Woodland

I recently build a new system from scratch using the Intel DX79TO motherboard.  Everything is new including a fresh install of Windows 7.  Everything seems to be working fine, except for certain USB devices (specifically any USB wifi adapter).  My USB mouse and keyboard work just fine, it seems...  If I plus in a USB wifi adapter, I get the windows error box: "One of the USB devices attached has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it..."  Opening the device manager simply list it as an "Unknown Device".  Digging deeper, the device status is listed as "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".  This happens with all three of my USB wifi adapters - all of which I know work just fine.

I have been through the Intel driver update utility and the windows driver update utility and both say everything is up to date.  Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here?  It's probably worth noting that it doesn't recognize other USB devices like my Saitek flight yoke system so I figure this has to be a problem with the board/drivers rather than a problem with the devices...board driver