Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

controller raid non rilevato su scheda server intel s3200shv installando windows server 2003 r2 64bit

SToma2
Beginner

Buongiorno a tutti,

ho appena acquistato una scheda S320SHV con 3 HDD configurati in RAID 5 con Intel Matrix Storage, ho scaricato i driver aggiornati dal sito, caricati su un floppy, partito con opzione F6 ma dopo aver caricato i driver con successo l'installazione si ferma al momento di rilevare i dischi e mi dice che non ci sono controller installati. Ho provato ad installare windows server 2008 64bit e funziona correttamente. Penso di avere dei driver sbalgiati o di selezionare quello sbagliato dall'elenco. Mi potete aiutare? Grazie.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi there,

Unfortunately, i dont speak Italian.

The reason that the Windows 2008 worked, is due to the fact that there is the Intel Matrix F6 drivers already embedded in the Windows.

So far, i tried nearly all OS on this board and it worked fine. I installed Windows 2003 (32 bit and 64 bit) and Windows XP (32 bit and 64 bit) in RAID Mode without any problem.

Steps done:

===========

Bios: Configure SATA as RAID and Intel Matrix (not LSI)

Ctrl + I - to create my raid.

Using the internal floppy disk drive, i loaded a floppy disk with the F6 drivers in it.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Clearance.aspxsType=&agr=Y&ProductID=2869&DwnldID=16098&url=/16098/eng/imsm_driver_windows_x86_64_v7.8.0.1012.zip&PrdMap=&strOSs=All&OSFullName=AllOperating http://downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Clearance.aspxsType=&agr=Y&ProductID=2869&DwnldID=16098&url=/16098/eng/imsm_driver_windows_x86_64_v7.8.0.1012.zip&PrdMap=&strOSs=All&OSFullName=AllOperatingSystems&lang=eng

Insert my OS installation disk and press F6, followed by S to specify the location of the drive.

Continue the OS installation.

Alternative Steps:

=============

Using Nlite to slipstream the F6 drivers thus creating a new OS CD with the drivers already embedded.

That's all. It worked fine 100%.

Kind Regards,

Aryan.
0 Kudos
SToma2
Beginner

Thanks for your help. I try it and it's ok. I made a mistake selecting type of controller during driver upload. Now i select type ICH9R and i see hdd. Thanks.

0 Kudos