Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

No audio through HDMI HD Graphics 4000

idata
Employee

I have a new Asus Zenbook ultrabook with HD Graphics 4000, and when I hooked it up to my TV via an HDMI cable, at first nothing happened. I then downloaded the newest VGA drivers for the graphics from the Asus site, and it worked, until I restarted my laptop (with the cable still connected). Then nothing again. I redid the download, and it worked again. I haven't restarted since.

Despite that, the main problem I have now is no audio going to the TV. I have two options for playback in the sound options, SONY TV which is using the hdmi port, and Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio subtitle) which is using the 3.5mm audio jack. Quite honestly, I can't find any good information online that can directly relate to my system. Any help would be much appreciated, I want to use this laptop to play BluRays on the TV!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

u can try to disable the audio of the tv throught the uotput of your laptop after you have done that go to playback devices and then enable the audio device this has worked for me

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I think I tried that and it still said it was going through the audio jack. In screenshots online it looks like it says HDMI next to the realtek audio title under playback devices.. so i dont know! I'll try it again though, thanks!

EDIT: After a restart, I lost video as well. I can do the reinstall of the driver and I bet it'll work but.. something is clearly wrong

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

I suggest that you check with Asus* to confirm that the audio drivers for the HDMI port are properly installed, then in fact, the HDMI output needs to be set as the default playback device in the Sound properties of the operating system.

0 Kudos