Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Valid certificate for PKI configuration not found during vPro Provisioning

idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm trying to provision my vPro client with the command acuconfig configviarcsonly rcsserver.domain.com /wmiuser username /wmiuserpassword password.

I've purchased my Verisign certificate with CN=rcsserver.domain.com and OU = Intel(R) Client Setup Certificate. I've put this certificate in the service account that is running RCS server's personal certificate store and made sure I have all the Root/Intermediates to chain properly to the Verisign Root CA. I've also validated that the hash is active and enabled and matches the Verisign Root CA hash I have.

So my client's FQDN is actually client.sub1.sub2.domain.com and Primary Dns Suffix is sub1.sub2.domain.com, but my DHCP Option 15 is domain.com (I verified this by running the Intel Remote Configuration Scout and also did a Wireshark to validate that is string that is being passed). My rcsserver is pingable both via rcsserver.domain.com and rcsserver.sub1.sub2.domain.com. I don't have the Provisioning Server FQDN or the Secure DNS set via MEBx. After reading the Domain Suffix Guide, I thought that if I have nothing configured, AMT would look at the DHCP Option 15 and compare it vs the suffix on the CN which would match. However, I get the following error I get when I try to provision the client:

2013-02-01 18:54:23: Thread:7148(DETAIL) : ACU Configurator , Category: WMI_ConfigAMT Source: Src\WMIAccess.cpp : WMI_ConfigAMT Line: 1090: An SSL error occurred. Verify the username and password, and the PSK or certificate settings, where applicable. (0xc000521f) ((ExecMethod WMI_ConfigAMT) Failed while calling WS-Management call GetAmtVersion (CIM_SoftwareIdentity.Get). Intel(R) AMT connection error 0xc000521f: An SSL error occurred. Verify the username and password, and the PSK or certificate settings, where applicable. (0xc000521f). Valid certificate for PKI configuration not found. (0xc00007e5). (0xc000521f). )

0 Kudos
0 Replies