Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Warranty of a boxed prozessor without using the boxed cooling solution

idata
Employee

Hey everybody.

my question is about the lenght of warranty if i use another cooling solution as the boxed version.

usually it´s a 3 year warranty of my i5 2500K (bought as boxed in 04/2011). a tray version will have only 12 month (imho). i have heared that the using with other cpu-coolers (sure compatible at socket and TDP) will set down the warranty to the tray version...is this right?

whats happend with the lenght of warranty if i´ve started with a cpu-cooler like a scythe mugen3 or EKL alpenfön brocken?

this coolers are much better than the boxed version. if i did´nt fail the installation, everything is perfect (temp, speed, V-Core) and the processor will die after 24month in case of any unknown reasons...will i get full 3 year warranty or not?

btw. i have never see a cpu dieing in my computers...it´s just for an information

with kind regards

Mad

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

It is not recommended using different cooling solutions. We would suggest you using the original cooling solution that came with the Intel® processors. Using a 3rd party component may be voiding the 3 year limited warranty on the product.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

PUSH...

no one with any ideas?

i really thought some supporters are reading/answering here.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It is not recommended using different cooling solutions. We would suggest you using the original cooling solution that came with the Intel® processors. Using a 3rd party component may be voiding the 3 year limited warranty on the product.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hey.

thanks for the information. it´s still a "may be" but if you "think" it could be, to lose the warranty, i´ll better start with an original cooler...next time, cause now it´s to late

0 Kudos