Thank you very much for your post
I understand that you have some questions regarding the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard technology.
Please note that Intel® My WiFi Dashboard has replaced Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT) software application.
*Intel My WiFi Dashboard has two versions: Full and Lite. The software version installed on your system depends on the following:
*The Full Version is installed if all of the following are true:
*A supported Intel® Centrino® wireless adapter is installed.
*Version 15.2.0 of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software is installed
*Lite Version is installed if any of the following are true:
* A non-supported Intel® wireless adapter is installed
* A non-Intel wireless adapter is installed
* A supported Intel Centrino wireless adapter is installed but the wrong version of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software is installed
Note: Upgrade the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software to version 15.2.0 prior to upgrading Intel My WiFi Dashboard. Upgrading will make sure the Full Version of the Dashboard is installed. Otherwise, the Lite Version is installed by default.
The non-Supported Intel wireless adapters are the following:
Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection
You may also check the following link for further information:
Wireless Technologies: Installing Intel® My WiFi Dashboard
I hope this helps
so any suggestions for now?? need help
Need the solution guys! Is INTEL gonna update My WiFi Dashboard or what? It doesn't work properly
Solved for me, but with Win 7 x64, Intel PROSet Wireless Software and Driver v15.6.1 and Intel My Wifi Dashboard (v15.3.1):
Go to C:\Program Files\Intel\CCDashboard\bin\en and to C:\Program Files\Intel\CCDashboard\bin\en-us and copy the contents of both folders into one-another so that the contents of each are identical.
Then go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections and enable the two Wireless Network Connections entitled Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter # 1 and Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter # 2.
Restart the computer.
Then go to C:\Program Files\Intel\CCDashboard\bin and run CCDashServer.exe. Wait a few minutes. Then run ccdash.exe from the same folder. It should run the full version thereafter.
Another issue that can cause the Intel® my WiFi dashboard to install Lite is if the Intel® PROSet wireless WiFi software was not installed completely. To correct this you would download and save to your desktop the latest version of the Intel® PROSet you may download it here:
Then uninstall the old versions:
- 1. Remove the Intel® PROSet wireless WiFi software from Control Panel\ program and features or uninstall a program if present.
- 2. Press windows Key + X and click on ‘device manager’ click on “Network Adapters”\Double-Click the adapter name\Drivers Tab and click on the “Uninstall” button if present. (You may also just click on the search option in the windows side bar and type “device manager”)
- 4. Install the latest drivers: Right-click on the icon of the driver, and click on “run as administrator” then click on “customize” (not install) and select all options, then continue and finish.
Then test the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard again
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Intel rep Nathalie's recommendations are necessary but not sufficient to fix all the problems.
Complete uninstall is essential, but some (probably most) versions of PROSet still will not allow Dashboard to appear, or if they do, it comes up as Lite.
I have worked out a way for a Win7 config with an N-1030 chip to use PROSet and Dashboard installers with the same version number of 15.2.0 to get a Full Dashboard. Check out my post for details:
Win8 can try the same procedure but with v 15.5.6 or v15.6.0 of both files. Download links are in my post (see link above)