Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Server System P4308IPLHJC Won't Boot

idata
Employee

This system is fresh out of the box and we can't get it to boot up. It turns on and the the fans ramp up, but after a few moments the staus light goes amber, it shuts off and restarts with the same results. No video. It has an S2600IP motherboard with 2 E5-2690 2.90GHz Xeons, and 96 GB of Kingston KVR13R9D4/16I RAM. We double checked to make sure everything is seated properly. Does anyone have any ideas why it won't boot? Please let me know if you need any more information.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Start with minimum configuration, say one CPU and one DIMM. Check the status of POST LEDs at the back of the chassis.

idata
Employee

Edward,

Thanks for the reply. I used 1 CPU and 1 stick of RAM in DIMM slot A1. System booted fine. I then switched CPUs to ensure that both were okay, and the system booted. I added RAM 1 at a time to DIMM B1,C1, etc. System will not boot with RAM in slot C1. Right now I have both CPUs installed, RAM in A1, B1, D1, E1,F1. As soon as RAM goes in C1, the system won't boot. Right before the system restarts the POST LEDs are, from left to Right, Out, Green, Amber, Green. Is the motherboard bad?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

First check if the memory slot is physically damaged or not. Then check the CPU slot for bent pins.

You may refer to the following thread:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Everything appears to be okay with the DIMM and CPU slots. We discussed the situation with our vendor and they are going to send a replacement, since the system is so new. Thanks for all of the help.

0 Kudos