One of the clues you provided was the “link Down” Status within “Intel Management and Security Status” (IMSS). This generally can indicate that the wireless provisioning isn’t working, the antenna is turned off by the switch on the laptop or the wireless NIC has been disabled in the OS. Please double later two items.
If I was to fully trouble shoot the situation I would do the following. If you are not performing TLS, skip steps 8-11
- Confirm wireless connectivity with basic OS (not worrying about AMT at this point)
- IMSS at this point will show “Link Down”
- Install SCS in either DB or Non-DB modes: SCS Download location
- Create a SCS basic profile, with no options checked, with the exception of allow response to ping
- Provision Client using acuconfig and the basic profile, to confirm provisioning is working.
- To test use web browser to access wired web UI on port 16992
- Unprovision Client
- Create a SCS TLS profile, by making a copy of the basic profile and then editing it by selecting the TLS box and configuring its settings.
- Provision Client using acuconfig and the TLS Profile, this is to confirm TLS provisioning is working.
- To test use web browser to access wired web UI on port 16993
- Unprovision Client
- Create a SCS wi-fi profile, by making a copy of the basic profile and then editing it with your wireless settings.
- Provision Client using acuconfig and the basic profile
- To test, use web browser to access the wired web UI on port 16992, Inspect for your Wi-fi info. Also check IMSS Network Settings window.
- If nothing is wrong set up a non-terminating ping (-t) to the wireless NIC from an admin box, you should get a result back stating a TTL=126
- Within the client OS disable the Wireless NIC, this will cause the above ping window to change the TTL=253. The new TTL is the ME responding instead of the OS
Let me know if this helps
I tried shutting down OS and accessing webui using wireless ip address(disconnected LAN cable) was working fine. So while OS is running(disconnected LAN cable) I'm unable to access webui using wireless IP address. Do we need modify any setting in OS, checked firewall ,antivirus and it was off only
When you ping the the wireless IP address, what TTL do you get? Before and after after you disable the wireless connection within the OS. If ping gets dropped after the wireless NIC gets disabled, this will tell you if your wireless settings are not working. (see step 16 above in previous post)