Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Problem with LG monitor and Graphics Controller

idata
Employee

I have problem with my graphics chipset and my monitor. I have broken my laptop screen so im using my old monitor LG Flatron ez T711B but it conflicts with my graphics controller (Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family) when I turn on computer everything is fine until screen where you choose account there I got this message form my monitor Check signal cable no signal I have tryed swiching minimal resolution, and updating drivers, it doesn't work . Could somebody help me with this?

3 Replies
HERBERT_H_Intel
Employee

this may sound cliche but normally laptops have a special key combination which switches between internal monitor and external monitor (the sequence actually goes, Intermal Monitor Only, Both Internal and External, and External monitor Only).

what i do when the monitor is not regocnized properly, is that i disconnect the monitor, wait a couple of seconds, reconnect the monitor and press the key combination a few times to get the right settings. wait a few seconds between pressing the key conbination.

Other than that, perhaps there is some special configuration to look out for with this particular laptop so perhaps the manufacturer could help as well.

OJ

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
HERBERT_H_Intel
Employee

glad to hear that.

Could you please mark the thread as 'Answered'? it makes it easier to do an advanced search for future users.

OJ

0 Kudos