I have checked the download release notes for the board SE7520BD2-DDR1.
Since this is an old board, i will say the order for the update will be:
1) Update IMM firmware to latest version (Skip if no Intel Management Module is present)
2) Update Hot Swap Controller firmware on Intel back planes (Skip if no Intel SATA or SCSI back planes are present)
3) Update mBMC firmware to latest version
4) Update BIOS to latest version
5) Update FRU/SDR to latest version
The previous which i gave is mainly for the new board with S5000 chipset.
The easiest way to do that is by using the SUP - System Update Package.
Once you have done that, you must do a CMOS. Follow the instructions in the READ ME file(inside the folder SUP, there is a folder called CMOS).
Note: you will see that there is a new BIOS Version 9.0, you can download the firmware and update the bios to the latest version.
Once again, you will need to do the CMOS clear after that.
Hope this helps a bit.
Thanks for your help Aryan.
I have some questions.
1. How do I tell if the IMM is present on the board?
2. Where do I get the latest mBMC firmware download? I did not see it on the downloads page.
3. Are there any specific settings or steps I have to do before or when updating FRU/SDR?
4. Do the DIP switches on the Motherboard have to be set on specific Pins?
5. Finally, do any of these updates require power down and disconnecting the power cord
from the power supply then plug it in and powering it up again before continuing with updates?
I thought I read that somewhere in the Readme files.
Thanks again for the help!