1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 12:42 PM by Dan_Intel

desktop board (dp67bg) doesnt boot and gives 1E code

anyone have any idea what should i do i downloaded the latest bios and removed the jumper and inserted the bios on stick reader with a micro sd card with the .bio file (just copied it into the microsd after formatting it) then i put into the board and it gave a code 31 left it for 10 minutes then i shut down the power supply and reopened but same problem with same code 1e

• 1. Re: desktop board (dp67bg) doesnt boot and gives 1E code
          Dan_Intel

Hello Moustafa,

We recommend removing the RTC (Real Time Clock) battery and leave it out for 30 minutes.  After this period of time, insert the battery back in and turn the system back on; if it displays POST messages, go into BIOS Setup Utility by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings.Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

Proceed with a BIOS recovery test to latest version with minimum memory installed using a USB flash drive instead:

Desktop Boards &mdash; BIOS update instructions

Download Center

If no boot, test the system on a minimal configuration out of the chassis. Remove all memory and if no beeps check your warranty options to replace the board.