Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030 "Attempting to Authenticate"

idata
Employee

I have had this wireless card for about a year and a half now, and I just started having problems with it yesterday.

Basically, it doesn't connect automatically any more and whenever I try to connect to a network it says "Windows was unable to connect to..." and if I then go and check it in the "Network Connections menu" I can see that the driver is flashing between "Attempting to authenticate" and "Disabled" I'm not sure if the actual wireless card might be loose but I don't have to knowledge to have a look inside. I have already tried: 1. Updating the drivers - No change. 2. Uninstalling the reinstalling the drivers - No change. 3. Looking on the internet for people with similar problems - They never seemed to find a fix and ended up buying a new wireless card, I will not have the money to buy a new wireless card until probably march and still would need someone to fit it for me... Any help would be appreciated. I am currently using Windows 7 as an OS but like I said, it only stopped working a couple of days ago

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello, Thank you for your post.

From your description I cannot tell if you have tested this only on one network. But it would be good to find out if the issue persists if you try connecting to a different network (at a neighbors, at work, or at a hotspot). Whit this test you would narrow down the issue, if the issue is specific to your home network then you might want to reset the router, (just unplug it from the power, count to 15, then plug it back in) this would clean out any blocked devices.

If, on the other-hand, the issue persists, then you would be sure that it lies on the laptop, here you would try doing a system restore to a previous date when it still was working correctly, see the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore System Restore - Microsoft Windows

You may also try to restart the computer into safe mode with networking, and try connecting there, see the link below for more information:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2268 How to start Windows in Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking - ESET Knowledgebase

Now if you still have trouble after the system restore or in safe mode with networking, then you would consider contacting your laptop manufacturer for a replacement of the wireless card.

NOTE: This links is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

0 Kudos