1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2014 8:36 AM by joe_intel

DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function

teximpor

After updating the BIOS of a DH61DL from version 0046 to 0099 and then from 0099 to 0109 the BIOS screen shows "DH61BE" in the top line. I guess, the update utility has indeed misrecognized the board and installed the wrong version, because now there are some problems:

- The network card in the PCIe slot is no longer recognized by the OS (W7); the BIOS says "Not Populated", but nevertheless shows vendor and device ID in the next line.

- The USB3 ports are missing, the BIOS graphic shows only "*" instead of numbers.

Also the number allocation of the USB2 ports is incorrect and an ESATA port is shown.

I tried to downgrade at least back to version 0099, but all available methods failed; installing version 0109 again brings no changes.

How can i get this board to work correctly again?;

• 1. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
          exotix

Hi Andre, my observations with 61DL using the 109 bios are the exact same as yours, hope you found a way to downgrade that. Having found no method to successfully downgrade, the solution I went with was to get a new 61DL, update the bios to 0048 and stop there. Probably not helpful to you, but since 61DL shares the same bios with 61BE, below are some of my test results. Seems like the latest bios is okay with 61BE, but causes issues with 61DL.

DH61DL

BiosUSB3.0Network Adaptor
          0048OKOK
          0099OKDoes not work ("Device cannot start" in Device Manager)
          0109Does not work at allOK

DH61BE

BiosUSB3.0Network Adaptor
          0048OKOK
          0099OKDoes not work ("Device cannot start" in Device Manager)
          0109OKOK
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
            teximpor

Hi exotix,

thank you for this informations, they confirm my presumption. Meanwhile I have found some other bugs, e.g. the message "Warning: SPD intolerance" appears at bootup, no matter what size/type of RAM is inserted.

Because there is no way to downgrade, this board is absolutely useless for me until the release of a corrected bios; another DL61 is also unusable without version 0109, because the customer wants a "Windows-8-ready" system (that was the only reason for the upgrade).

• 3. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
              Mr.T

I have a DH61BE and updated to 0109. I wish I hadn't. The first issue I was having was blue screens when it woke from sleep. I changed the hybrid sleep to disabled and that seemed to have fixed it. But it seems very unstable. I even used the black ports since I know there were/are issues using the blue SATA ports with the comp sleeping.

The new computer left the shop yesterday, and is now coming back in the shop today due to not booting anymore. The keyboard had froze and the customer had rebooted, but now it's not booting. I wish I would have stayed with 0048. I think my only option is to replace the whole motherboard and keep the old BIOS pre-0099. I'll have to sit on this 0109 board until they can fix the issues. Has anyone read the release notes for 0109? The list of fixed issues is huge. I can't imagine the list for the next release.

EDIT: I was a bit hasty in judging the new 0109 BIOS. After changing some settings I was able to get the OS stable again. I disabled UEFI since I don't have >2TB drives, disabled Deep S4/S5 sleep, and disabled the power management of the network adapter. I think the latter made the real difference, as I was getting BSOD 0x19 on the NDIS.SYS driver after random times of resume from sleep. Windows debug showed the file was e1c62x64.sys. My only guess was a race condition of the network driver resuming from sleep.

• 4. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                neos116

Exact same problem, after BIOS updating.

Update to solve the problem or..., ridiculous!!!

• 5. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                  ste.f

hi,

i had exactly the same issue. after the bios update to

0099 the bios screen has changed and the board

recognized itself as dh61be. i had all of the described

issues as well. i tried all the different options to go

back to a working bios. f7 and rescue flash etc. ...

i had to find a 2gig usb stick first as rescue flash

only seems to work with usb sticks < 2gb. all did

not help - i just got in a loop. after that i got an rma

from intel. i had to call the hotline twice and run through

a set of troubleshooting steps. for example i had to test

the board from without the case: i guess to test if a screw

or a loose part causes a short circuit. the procedure was

feasible and fair enough: someone who has no clue about

doing these things might have difficulties. nonetheless the

rma was totally ok and after sending in the broken

board i received a new one about a week later.

now: the new board has bios 0048 and is doing fine with

windows 8 so far. i can not activate s4/s5 though but

this might be an issue which could be fixed with bios

0099 which seems to be designed for windows 8.

obviously i like to upgrade. but i do not dare to do so.

i do not want to go through rma a second time.

HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED DH61DL

TO 0099 OR 0109 WITHOUT GENDER CHANGING TO

DH61BE ?????

thank you.

• 6. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                    ste.f

hello,

i updated the board i received from the rma exchange

today from 0048 to 0099. i am runni9ng windows 8 and

as the bios update says that this version is specifically

suitable for windows 8. so i could not resist to give it

another try - unfortunately it is still the same issue. the

board thinks it is dh61be after update and usb 3 and

the pcie slot stop working.

i wonder whether anyone is aware about this issue.

i love to have a mini itx board as i have plans to get

myself a mini itx case for it. version 0048 was working

perfectly nonetheless. only the s4/s5 could not be

activated and the bios has no entry for secure boot.

to make the story short: if you have plans to upgrade

the dh61dl to any version higher than 0048 - STOP.

don't do it. at least for now ...

• 7. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                      qkiel

0099 update broke mini-PCIe + Ethernet

0109 BIOS broke USB 3.0 ports (mini-PCIe still dead) + gives this message during boot "Warning: SPD Tolerance"

At least Ethernet is working again, thank you :]

Can we expect some bug fixes from you Intel in the near future?

• 8. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                        Sylvain Prevost

Intel just removed Bios 0109 off their download page.. It seems that they know about the problems that people were getting with that bios.. I have 5 mainboard that will need to be RMA'ed...

• 9. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                          Sylvain Prevost

They put it back and I tried it to see if they fixed the issue but the same problem..

• 10. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                            ste.f

i think the issue is maybe that after the bios

is flashed the board identifies as a dh61be.

the bios seems to contain the code for

several types - how should the Flash routine

determine that this is not a (fake) dh61be but

originally a dh61dl. i think there should be

a rescue bios or something --- hopefully.

meanwhile it is good to hear i am not the only

one sitting on a broken board ;-)

• 11. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                              kkurt

My board become unusable after the update;

before upgrading the cpu to a ivy bridge series i upgraded the bios, then moved the cpu;

i thought that the board was died and got another one in exchange, upgraded this one too because the bios was very old, installed the new cpu again and got the same issues you have.

So now, the 1x pci-e connector died and the installed card isn't recognized anymore, the network speed dropped down to a 100mbit level (this problem got solved disabling tcp checkums), i get 11mb/s compared to a 90mb/s of a DQ45EK; only two working usb on the real panel.

found that was a bios related issue i wasn't able to downgrade, and finally i came here.

WHY THOSE BUGGED BIOS ARE STILL ONLINE?

Not even a warning about the issues.......

Actually my board it's near an unusable state because of the pci-e card doesn't appear to the system.........

• 12. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                                Clem26

Hello to all,

I updated the bios of my DH61dl, think of a problem set for my sata SSD.

After updated BIOS Sata my problem was solve my problem many are arriving as mentioned above.
                                PCIe slot unusable
                                USB3 unusable
                                Warning Message: SPD Tolerance
                                Bios very slow !

Impossible to make a Downgrade bios.

What is Intel ?

Thank
                                Clem

France

• 13. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                                  boe

Hi all,

exactly the same symtoms like all other here.

Updated Yesterday: 17.02.2013)-- **** bios is already online.....:((

b

• 14. Re: DH61DL: BIOS shows "DH61BE" after update; PCIe/USB3 without function
                                    Andrew Blaine

I, too, am having this issue with 2 DL boards. Thanks for all the helpful comments. Hopefully Intel will fix this soon.

1 2 3 Previous Next