1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 11:46 AM by allan_intel

Lenovo T410S with Win8 Pro x64 and docking station issue.....please help!

tdoucet

I am having an issue with my laptop that is connected to a docking station which in turn has two monitors connected to it.

Setup
      • Lenovo T410S with fresh install of Win8 Pro 64bit
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M520
      • Intel(R) HD Graphics - Driver 8.15.10.2858
      • Lenovo Mini Dock Plus Series 3 docking station
      • 2 Dell U2311H monitors
      Issue
      • Prior to installing Win8 Pro on my laptop, I was running Win7 Pro with the laptop in the docking station, monitors connected to the docking station and everything was working fine. I could extend my desktop to both monitors and things were working perfectly and it was a happy world.
      • Then along came Win8.
      • I installed a fresh copy of Win8 Pro 64bit and now I cannot get my monitors to work. Both monitors show up in the settings but when I select to extend the display to these monitors nothing happens. Both screens are blank.
      • I ran the Intel Update Driver Utility and it said "An Intel device was detected but your operating system is not supported by this utility. Please visit Download Center to look for available software"
      • So I went to the Download Center and went to Graphics>Laptop Drivers>Intel Core Processors with Intel HD Graphics but I do not see an option for a Win8 x64 driver

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated so I can get to where I was using my two monitors as before......
      Thanks...