4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2013 3:46 PM by Yhzar Cali

S1200BTLR Motherboard POST Error 0x70 DXE SB Initialization

I am having trouble booting a server I just built with the S1200BTLR motherboard.

The Processor I have is Intel Xeon E3-1245v2

Originally the power on the motherboard would turn on and immediately poweroff I would get a 1-5-4-2 Beep Code from the motherboard from this fault.

I troubleshooted and disconnected all the components except for CPU & RAM  and nothing changed.

Finally I pulled out the 32GB of RAM I had of DDR3-1600 ECC UDIMMs of Black Diamond RAM  completely and the System and the power would stay on but the system stop the post after 3 Beeps. Signaling a memory error. This memory was supposedly tested and verified with this motherboard.

So I found some DDR3-1333 non-ecc memory I had lying around to test that. And the next post error I get is 0111000 0x70. What does this error mean?

Also the only other comment I can make is the processor i'm using isn't listed as compatible with this model of the S1200BT motherboard series I do see it under the S1200BTLRM as supported but that board isn't really available.

I'd still assume that the E3-1245v2 processor should work on the S1200BTLR motherboard since they are identical from what I can tell.

I was comparing the product I have and a similar processor that is supported on the BTLR board. I see no differences so I think the processor shoudl be fine.

Any help is appreciated.