Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

my laptop can't install intel HD 3000 graphics driver

idata
Employee

i'm trying to install intel HD 3000 graphics driver, but i get an error

is my laptop is suifficient to install that driver

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro with media center 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)

System Manufacture : Toshiba

System Model : Satellite L510

Processors : Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10 Ghz (2CPUs),~2.1Ghz

Memory : 4096 RAM

current Graphic Dirver : Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset Family

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Marcos_U_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately the graphics controller Mobile Intel 4 Series Chipset Family that you have in your laptop does not supports Microsoft* Windows* 8, and that is the reason you are getting an error when you try to install the graphic driver.

I recommend you either install Microsoft* Windows* XP, Microsoft* Windows* Vista*, or Microsoft* Windows* 7 since we do have drivers for those operating systems.

The other recommendation is to get another laptop with at least 2nd Generation Intel Core™ Processors with Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 controller that it does support Microsoft* Windows* 8.

For more information regarding Microsoft* Windows* 8 and our graphics controllers go here:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

does my laptop processor fit to install intel HD 3000?

0 Kudos
Marcos_U_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The laptop that you have comes with the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset Family graphics controller embedded in the motherboard of your laptop, so unfortunately there is no option to be able to change it to the Intel HD 3000 graphics controller.

You could try installing a Microsoft* Windows* 7 driver to the Microsoft* Windows* 8 operating system, or could do updates that could come with drivers available through Microsoft Windows Update.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos