1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2014 1:31 AM by [zako]

Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)

amokbunny

Whatever I do, the Dashboard only starts in Lite Mode. It complains the Hardware would be able to run the Full Version, but that it would not be installed - which is not true, the most recent version of the PRO/Wireless tools (Wireless_15.3.1_s64) are installed, including the enterprise options (which I need for work). The OS is Windows 7 Enterprise, 64bit.

The interesting thing is, in the older versions that ship the old My WiFi I can easily create a Hotspot. Unfortunately this is not an option, since these old versions do not connect to the corporate network.

So in principle I'd just like to force the stupid Dashboard into the Full mode, since it apparently is a bug in detecting its own tools and drivers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
          victor@intel

Thank you very much for your post

I understand that you have some questions regarding the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard technology.

Please note that Intel® My WiFi Dashboard has replaced Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT) software application.

*Intel My WiFi Dashboard has two versions: Full and Lite. The software version installed on your system depends on the following:

*The Full Version is installed if all of the following are true:

*A supported Intel® Centrino® wireless adapter is installed.

*Version 15.2.0 of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software is installed

*Lite Version is installed if any of the following are true:

* A non-supported Intel® wireless adapter is installed

* A non-Intel wireless adapter is installed

* A supported Intel Centrino wireless adapter is installed but the wrong version of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software is installed

Note: Upgrade the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software to version 15.2.0 prior to upgrading Intel My WiFi Dashboard. Upgrading will make sure the Full Version of the Dashboard is installed. Otherwise, the Lite Version is installed by default.

The non-Supported Intel wireless adapters are the following:

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection

Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection

You may also check the following link for further information:

Wireless Technologies: Installing Intel® My WiFi Dashboard

http://www.intel.com/support/notebook/sb/CS-033660.htm

I hope this helps

• 2. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
            amokbunny

I'm sorry to say, but no, it does not help.

As stated in the opening post, the installed adapter is an Advanced-N 6230.

The versions of the PROset Tools installed is 15.3.1 at the moment (on the download page also referred to as "latest", but I also tried everything from 15.1.0 (also the 15.2.0 you mentioned) - none works.

So the situation is:

*A supported Intel® Centrino® wireless adapter is installed. - TRUE

*Version 15.2.0 of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software is installed - TRUE

Still, the LITE Version is installed!

To make it even more clear:

* A non-supported Intel® wireless adapter is installed - NOT TRUE (6230)

* A non-Intel wireless adapter is installed - NOT TRUE (6230)

* A supported Intel Centrino wireless adapter is installed but the wrong version of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software is installed - NOT TRUE (15.3.1.0 according to help->about from within the PROset/Wireless software)

• 3. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
              Daniele

Me too i have the same issue with Centrino N-1030 that i should be supported.

I'm very disappointed about that because with the lite version i can't make any wifi hotspot as i did before on old drivers (i must use this version because the older one has problem with my second wifi card)

Please try to fix that.

I'm still waiting along 3 months for that.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                Manfromh

I had the same issue. Uninstalling the Dashboard and reinstalling it helped in my case.

• 5. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                  amokbunny

I tried that of course. It did not help either.

• 6. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                    medo3000

I have the same issue with Intel Centrino N-1030 and reinstalling Intel My WiFi Dashboard fixed the problem.

Please Intel fix that bug.

• 7. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                      Freddy Grande

I've spent a couple of hours trying to get this working too. Eventually what worked was to install the software package including the Admin utility along with the drivers and ensure Intel is managing wireless.

Unless it was a fluke. . .

• 8. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                        San Chi Chao

I installed the lastest Intel PROset Tools 15.6.1 but still lite version.

When will Intel fix this bug ?

• 9. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                          joe_intel

Thank you for posting.

You may want to make sure Intel® My WiFi Technology is installed as it is a required component. It is usually installed by default when installing the full version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software. In case it is not installed you may want to uninstall the software and install it again in custom mode in order to make sure the option is checked.

We apologize for the inconvenience in case the issue persists. Please note there is new software about to be released.

• 10. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                            jdf99

i have the N6235 card and have spent hours trying to get Dashboard to work, but like most, to no avail. i seem to recall reading somewhere that the lite version will share the connection but with only a wired connection. unfortunately i don't have a LAN input on my laptop so i can't confirm that but perhaps others can try.

in the meantime, i have downloaded virtual WIFI Hotspot for Windows 7 and 8  at

virtualwifihotspot.codeplex.com. There is something fairly ironic that a piece of freeware can do the job that the Intel software cannot.

It worked as soon as i rebooted and this will do until Intel comes up with a solution. Joe_Intel - you started discussing the new updated software in early March and nothing has happened since. Your ambiguous responses to what appears to be a very large issue for Intel card owners are very frustrating. We can only gather that this is not an issue that Intel is overly concerned about and that speaks volumes about how much this company values good customer relations.

• 11. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                              torontodave

I had the same issues, the original MiDi worked great with my laptop, then with the first upgrade of program I could not change the SSID or the default password "12345678"!!!  I emailed Intel support, but never got a reply - even a generic one!  Now, that program just stopped working and said I only have the lite version.  Installed all the updated drivers and still nothing. 

My solution:  I have given up on Intel software, installed Virtual WiFi Router - free program which seems to work great.  448K program vs. 122MB from Intel (not including the pro-set drivers)

• 12. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                                kirkers

I have the N-1030 chip in my Dell Vostro 3350, but the story is the same for version 15.8.0 of the Intel driver just recently released.  It is supposed to have MWT built into it, but when I do a full removal of all drivers related to the N-1030 plus the My Wifi Dashboard, and then install 15.8.0, I don't even get the Lite version of Dashboard anymore.  It simply is not present at all!  Rebooting and further uninstall/reinstalls make no difference. 

Even by the standards I have come to expect from dealing with Intel drivers (which uncannily resemble an easter egg and scavenger hunt rolled into one), this represents a new low point. 

I really like MWT ... when it happens to work, which is not very often

I am not really a fan of the competition, but I have used Virtual WiFi Router in the past.  It isn't too bad ... sometimes!  But right now, that beats MWT's 100% disappearing act.

Anyone in the know at Intel want to explain what I should do next before simply giving up until you come out with an updated driver that might actually work for MWT in a few months ... or years.

• 13. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                                  daikyozin

I have Centrino 1030n and 64 bit Windows 7. After much installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling various versions, I got it to work with PRO/Set Wireless 15.6.1.0 and WiFi Dashboard 15.6.0. The trouble now is that after a few reboots, it reverts to Dashboard Lite with that annoying message that it should work. Last time I got it working, I made a system restore point so I can get it back. Maybe the next time it fails I'll try Virtual WiFi router.

• 14. Re: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite?  (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
                                    kirkers

I finally got somewhere with this!

I have worked out a way for a Win7 config with an N-1030 chip to use PROSet and Dashboard installers with the same version number of 15.2.0 to get a Full Dashboard.  Check out my post for details:

http://communities.intel.com/message/204377?tstart=0#204377

Win8 can try the same procedure but with v 15.5.6 or v15.6.0 of both files. Download links are in my post (see link above).  However, word is that Win8 does NOT support hotspot at this stage no matter what.  An Intel rep said new software is in the works for Win8 (no mention of Win7), but no release date.  Still, v16.1.1 and 16.1.3 are now available.  Maybe they manage to support Hotspot for Win7, Win8 or both?

Any Intel rep want to say anything about this?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    1 2 Previous Next