Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

RDP fails with intel proset Wireless,

idata
Employee

Hello @ll,

I have a Ultimate-N 6300 wireless adapter. Have installed the drivers + intel proset wireless wifi connection utility.

So far so good. Driver version is 15.3.1.0. After driver is installed windows came with a update. Installed the update also.

Now the version is 15.4.0.11. The problem is that i can't use the intel wifi conection utility. I have to let windows manage my wifi.

If i don't i'am unable to rdp to the machine. Network availability is set to my only. That should be all users. Now i can't find that setting in the intel software. Everytime i connect to a wireless the software is creating new profiles in manage wireless networks. This is not handy.

I like to use the software intel has supplied. Any ideas how to fix this? If i don't use the intel software all is fine!

OS is windows 7.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello @ll,

Would like to hear your opion...

Stitchz@Intel ( Remove)

• Nathalie@Intel

Direct share seems not possible. Next release from your software something in that way!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Now tested 10 laptaps and the have al the same problem.

This time didn't apply the windows updates! It seems the be a software problem created by intel.

I would like the hear how to proceed futher. Also a response takes too long. Come on Intel really is the only way twitter press etc?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The new widi software is not solving the problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay, the current driver version you have is indeed a version from windows, in the meantime that we will investigate the issue it would be a good idea to either rollback to the 15.3 driver version or download the version manually then uninstall the driver from device manager and if the Intel(R) PROSet wireless/WiFi Software from control panel/uninstall a program, then install the 15.3 version. See the link below in case you wish to install the software and drivers manually.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3408&DwnldID=22116&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Ultimate-N+6300&lang=eng Download Center

You would download the Wireless_15.3.1_s32.exe version if your Windows 7 is 32bit or the Wireless_15.3.1_s64.exe if your Windows 7 is 64 bit. When you install it, select Custom install and mark all the options to be installed, with this you will get the Intel(R) PROSet wireless Connection Utility.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanx for the update! I'll wait for the new software release.

0 Kudos