1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2013 6:59 PM by parsec

520 series not working as fast as it should.

Elias

Installed my 520 series today and it left me very disappointed, i connected it to sata 3, reinstalled windows 7 on it, formatted all my other hard drives.

I decided to benchmark it with ATTO, ive heard its the best SSD benchmark program, and when i did the fastest the SSD red on was 364MB/sec and write was at 392MB/sec, the description of it promised a read of 550MB/sec and write of 550MB/sec.

I'm pretty sure ive installed everything correctly, what could be the problem?

If theres no solution for this problem can i turn it back to the store i bought it from, pfff ill go with a OCZ if i can turn back.

• 1. Re: 520 series not working as fast as it should.
          parsec

What mother board are you using, and which SATA ports are you using?

Your results look like that drive is connected to a third party SATA controller, like Marvell or ASMedia. The majority of those chipsets are connected to one PCIe lane, at 5Gb/s, which is shared between all the ports those chips provide. They do not truly provide the best SATA III performance at all, only the Intel 6 and 7 series chipsets with SATA III ports do, followed by AMD SATA III chipsets.

It's all to easy to connect a SSD to the wrong SATA ports, people do that all the time.