3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2013 11:50 AM by Diego_Intel

Windows 8 black screen at start up

detlin

Hello I am having a issue with my onboard Intel graphics and Windows 8, when i install the HD graphics driver and restart my screen is working fine upto the point Windows loads the drivers so i get the windows logo and then nothing no log in screen nothing. I know the computer is on and working as i can connect remotely to it and it works fine.

System Specs:

Computer Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
      Computer Model Z68AP-D3
      Operating System (O/S)  Microsoft Windows 8
      Operating System Build (O/S)(build 9200), 64-bit
      Operating System (version)  6.2.9200
      ManufacturerIntel
      Model Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
      Intel Processor analysis toolsIntel Processor analysis tools
      CPU Speed3.1 GHz
      Link to Processor SpecificationLink to Processor Specification
      CPU Revision
      CPU Type00
      CPU Family06
      CPU Model2A
      CPU Stepping7
        • 1. Re: Windows 8 black screen at start up
          Diego_Intel

Hello,

Could you please specify if this happens with the driver provided by your motherboard manufacturer or just with the generic drivers in our site?

Please, also post the exact driver versions that you have tested with and the BIOS version installed.

• 2. Re: Windows 8 black screen at start up
            detlin

Hello Diego,

The bios version is F8 which is the most recent release for the revision 1 board, in regards to drivers I have tried the driver from Gigabyte version 15.28.4.2843 I have also tried the driver from Intel version 15.28.12.64.2932 both have the same effect black screen after windows logo.

I have a LG monitor L246WH connected via HDMI works fine when i disable Intel HD graphics through device manager but if i do that the sleep function stops working so would like to get my Win 8 ready board and chipset working correctly.

• 3. Re: Windows 8 black screen at start up
              Diego_Intel

Could you please confirm if the connection is directly from the computer to the TV? Or there is an AVR receiver, adapter, converter or similar device being used in between?

Have you tested another HDMI cable?

Could you confirm if the cable supports HDMI 1.4?