Thank you for your post.
From the description of the issue it appears that you currently have some trouble with your wireless, that you already updated and the issue continues.
What you can try is to uninstall the current driver and software and install the latest version. See the link and steps below:
First, download and save to your desktop both files (Wireless_15.3.1_Dx32.exe and Wireless_15.3.1_x32.exe) from the link bellow:
Note: Do not restart your computer until you followed all the steps bellow. This will clean all profiles from your system and network password will need to be re-entered.
- Remove the Intel® PROSet software from Control Panel\Add Remove Programs if present, and select not to save any Profiles or user data.
- Go to Start\settings\control panel\system\hardware tab\device manager-button\”Network Adapters”\Double-Click the adapter name\Drivers Tab and click on the “Uninstall Drivers” button.
- Remove the Wireless folder found at C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_PROFILE_NAME\Application Data\Intel.
- Install the latest drivers. (Double-click on the icon of the driver first the Wireless_15.3.1_Dx32.exe then the Wireless_15.3.1_x32.exe)
- 5- Click on the Intel® PROSet wireless tools to connect to your wireless network.