Thank you for your post.
This wireless card indeed supports this software. The missing buttons may indicate a corrupt installation. Try the following:
Re-install the software, (uninstall then re-install)
Reset the Intel® My WiFi Technology feature (feature in charge of communicationg beweent he adapter and this software):
First uninstall the dashboard again, follow the steps below
- Open the Windows*8 sidebar and click on search, search for ‘Control Panel’
- Now click on Programs, Uninstall a program
- Double-click on the Intel® PROSet Wireless Software
- This opens the “Install Shield Wizard” window.
- Click on “Next” select “Change”
- Click on the drop-down menu left to “Intel® My WiFi Technology”
- Select the last option “X Entire feature will be unavailable”
- Click on “Next”, wait for the “Install Shield Wizard” to finish and click on “Finish”
- To reinstall the feature follow the steps from 1 to 5 then 9 and 10.
- Select the last option “Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive”
- Click on “Change”, wait for the “Install Shield Wizard” to finish and click on “Finish”
Now install the Dashboard again.
Thank you, but unfortunately, (even with cautionary reboots at each step along the way), the exact problem remains.
I next took the following extra steps:
1. Removed "My WiFi Dashboard"
3. REPAIRED "Intel PROSet Wireless Software"
5. Removed "Intel PROSet Wireless Software" & confirmed to remove all settings
7. the Intel software remaining is listed in the following image:
8. I reinstalled "Intel PROSet Wireless Software" (Wireless_15.5.6_e64.exe). I selected "Typical" and the "Intel PROSet/Wireless for Bluetooth + High Speed" was also installed.
10. I reinstalled "My WiFi Dashboard" (Intel_My_WiFi_Dashboard_15.5.6_e64.msi)
And again, the same results. What can I try next? FWIW, some of the apps installed in "Program Files" and others installed in "Program Files (x86)". I am running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit.
Unfortunately I still need help with this. Do you have any suggestions for what I might try next?
Thanks in advance,
I had the same problem with same configuration. I just updated latest Wifi i.e. IntelProset Wireless drivers. den reinstalled Wifi Dashboard and it worked.
I got the same issue. Windows 8 x64, Intel Centrino Wireless N2200, Intel ProSet 15.5.7, Dashboard 15.5.6. Still there is no hotspot function. Any suggestions?
The same in Windows 8 x64, Intel Centrino Wireless N2200 for Desktop, Intel ProSet 15.5.7, Dashboard 15.5.6.
Look here : http://communities.intel.com/message/178329
I have the same issue with Intel Centrino N-1030, Windows 7 x64 and reinstalling Intel My WiFi Dashboard fixed the problem.
Please Intel fix that bug.
Hello, I have the same problem with a Dell inspiron 7720 intel centrino N2230, Intel Proset software version 188.8.131.52, driver version 184.108.40.206 I already installed and uninstalled several wifi My dashboard but it still does not work a little help from INTEL please, thank you.
- I've tried everything suggested
- Nothing has resolved my problem including a complete Windows 8 re-installation
- Others have reported this same issue
- Other than the initial response from Nathalie@Intel there has been no follow-up from Intel
Suspecting that conflicting software may be part of the problem, let's see if we can work together to get this fixed. Here are the Intel apps that I have running on my system:
Those of you that have gotten WiFi Direct working using My WiFi Dashboard, what Intel apps do you have on your system?
Thanks in advance,
I have the same problem with a Dell XPS 12 running Windows 8 64bit. I have installed the latest version of the wireless driver (15.6 for x64) and the latest version of the WiFi Dashboard (15.5.5x64). My dashboard has none of the wi-fi direct or hotspot options.
I have tried installing / reinstalling the software to no avail. I've also checked the registry key entry that is mentioned in another thread as possibly blocking the wi-fi direct feature, but it wasn't in my registry.
Any input welcomed.
Did you try Richard Solomon's solution?
Check it here: Re: My WiFi not available during installation
look for answer number 19.
It worked for me, I just uninstalled all intel wifi software, deleted the registry key and reinstalled.
Hi everyone, I've also tried everything and I just can't make my WiFi Dashboard have any options except for 'do not disturb'. I am running Windows 8 64bit on Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A, having PROSet Wireless 15.6.0 64bit and My WiFi Dashboard 15.5.6_e64, though I've also tried with different ones. Please help and thanks in advance.
Win 8 x64, intel centrino N 6235, wireless pro 15.6_64; dashboard 15.5.6_e64
Same issue over here: I tried multiple versions of the wifi dashboard
the Richard Solomon solution doesnt work either because that particular registry key is not even in my registry
I bought an intel wifi card because of the WiDi, so i am pretty ****** off that it doesn't work because of software issues. Plz intel fix this.