Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Huge Problem with Macbook Air and Boot Camp

idata
Employee

Hello, I am having some very bad glitches with the Intel HD4000 drivers on my 2012 Macbook Air 13 Inch. The default driver included works fine for everything, other than gaming. It takes nearly 5 minutes for games like Black Ops 2 to load. This is certainly not an issue with the speed of the graphics card or other components. I've managed to get the latest driver to work, which speeds up game loading time to a minute. The only problem is that I get a BSOD once Windows 7 finishes booting with the latest driver. It's nearly impossible for me to do any gaming via Boot Camp due to this driver bugvi. Any fixes will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

yes the default bootcamp driver works without any problems. Then the one after that one the .2875 driver only works via an external monitor connected at all times. And black ops 2 intro can be skipped as well. The .2875 is currently the second to last latest driver. I tried the latest driver from December 2012 and it doesn't work via external monitor or native monitor at all. I think we have to wait till Apple alters these drivers workable through an update soon.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

None of the current drivers work as they should when gaming on the Macbook Air. It's obvious that a driver update is needed. Now the main question is when?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos