4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 9:26 AM by LoFish

DZ68BC Error code 15 - Exit Early platform init driver

locke38

Hi, I've recently built a few computers but i'm having problems with the latest one.

The main problem is that it wont even start to boot, I can't access bios. It does a few .5 second flashes and the comes on solid with code 15 displayed.

I'm using a DZ68BC Mobo and an Intel i5-3570k.

I've done a bit of reading on the support community here and from what i've gathered it's a hardware problem with the DZ68BC (there seem to be a lot of issues with the board, wish i would have researched it more before buying it). Is there another work around or do I need to send my mobo into Intel for a rma?

Thanks much-

Locke

• 1. Re: DZ68BC Error code 15 - Exit Early platform init driver
          stephenb.b.r

I feel your pain, the DZ68BC crawls with issues since BIOS 0035, which BIOS did yours come with? you should try a second gen CPU first and see if it works. If your board come with board 0028 and below you will have to install 0035 but you will have to have a 2nd gen CPU first to be able to update the BIOS to 0035. The steps are to go through 0035 first then to the other 003x BIOS after

Which version of the board did you get?

Mine is version 402 that initially com with 0028 BIOS which is said to be transition BIOS to 003x

Damn i wish i would have gotten the DZ68ZV I initially wanted that coz it does not came with too much additional chips i always want every thin native to the Intel Chipset, I hope by 8 Series everything will be native

• 2. Re: DZ68BC Error code 15 - Exit Early platform init driver
            locke38

Yeah it's 0028, That's not really an option as I don't own a 2nd gen cpu. I've been looking around and calling computer repair places near where I live but no one has the parts and the place that actually does wont help me. Guess i'll contact intel and get the ball rolling.

• 3. Re: DZ68BC Error code 15 - Exit Early platform init driver
              stephenb.b.r

Now that its 0028 second gen CPU is the way to update BIOS to 0035 or Contact Intel and request for RMA so they can send you a DZ68BC Board that is 3rd gen ready which is any DZ68BC version 403 comes ready with BIOS 0035 or 404 comes ready with BIOS 0038

• 4. Re: DZ68BC Error code 15 - Exit Early platform init driver
                LoFish

The same thing happened to me, i took it to where i bought it and they upgraded the BIOS with another processor, i think it was a celeron something, then replaced it with my i7 3770K, and now starts good.

Also i thought: why they sold me a motherboard that they knew it wouldnt start with my processor!!