0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2012 1:33 PM by Jonathan

Problems with installing windows 7 64 bit

Jonathan

Hey everyone,

Recently I decided to build my own computer and installed windows 7 on the machine. However after the installation I noticed that it was running windows 7 32 bit (Ultimate btw). The machine consists of the Intel i7 2700k processor on an Intel DZ77BH-55k motherboard. For some reason after trying to reinstall it, the disk continued to provide me with the 32 bit system. I cannot utilize all 8gb of memory due to this issue that i would really like to resolve. In a nutshell my problem is that when installing windows 7 ultimate, I can never seem to install the 64 bit version of windows 7 even though all the components are windows 7 compatible. I have already done the custom installation where i format the SSD that i am using (also an Intel product) and yet it still gives me 32 bit system in the end. I have also updated my BIOS to BHZ7710H.86A.0094

TL;DR Have reinstalled multiple times, still giving me 32 bit system. All components are 64 bit compatible. Wondering how do i get my system to 64 bit.

Any help as soon as possible is greatly appreciated.