4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 5:52 PM by Dan_Intel

DH77DF Temperature Monitoring

Cov

Hi,

I have this Mini ITX Board in use since a few days now.

So far I have not encountered significant problems.

Updated the BIOS from:

KCH7710H.86A.0069.2012.0224.1825 - Date of manufacture: 03 SEP 2012

to

KCH7710H.86A.0104.2012.1123.1027

Issue 1

Sometimes the mouse pointer is frozen after I boot up the system.

I then need to unplug the USB plug and put it back to make it work again.

Issue 2

Why does the CPU temperature in BIOS show 45 C while Open Hardware Monitor shows around 31 C?

Issue 3

Is it still ok if one of the sockets is that loose?

• 1. Re: DH77DF Temperature Monitoring
          Dan_Intel

Hello Cov,

Here are our answers to your issues:

1. Test a different mouse and different USB ports to narrow the issue.

2. The temperature reported in the BIOS will be always reported higher than the one reported at Operating System level. This is because the motherboard BIOS will force the processor to do more calculations than the Operating System will do.

3. Intel motherboards are not supposed to have loose parts since they are soldered, we recommend checking your warranty options to replace the board.

• 2. Re: DH77DF Temperature Monitoring
            Cov

Hello Dan,

thanks for your reply

to 1. This is a minor issue that happens only very rare and can actually be neglected.

to 2. This I don' t understand. How would BIOS cause the CPU to work harder while all it does is to display some readings?

to 3. An exchange is currently in process but I suspect a whole batch being affected:

Batch#: CNBT28V00H / Date of manufacture: 03SEP2012

• 3. Re: DH77DF Temperature Monitoring
              Curious592

Issue 2:  Unless the BIOS uses a different set of operating instructions for the recognized CPUs the efficiency should be the same for continuous real-time calculations.  My belief is that the power management is not functional when in the BIOS and the temperature will typically drift upward with time.  Ports that would normally be selectively disabled are all fully powered when in the BIOS, for example.  Unless the temperatures exceed the safe levels there should be no problem.

• 4. Re: DH77DF Temperature Monitoring
                Dan_Intel

Hi all,

To answer your second question, surely agree with Curious 592 and also would like to add that in the BIOS set up menu there are no technologies that will save power consumption like is done on a OS environment.