3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2013 1:10 AM by spiderm@n

Can't enable QuickSync

spiderm@n

Hello,

I recently purchased a new PC, but now I have a small problem, I can't enable QuickSync. I doesn't work neither in ArcSoft MediaConverter nor Mirillis Action! and the LAV codecs say that it's "Not Available". My system has ASUS P8Z77-V Premium mother board, Intel Core i7 3770K CPU and ASUS GTX 670 4GB video card, I have the latest VirtuMVP software installed, along with the latest Intel and nVidia video drivers and runnng on Windows 8 OS. Monitor is connected through DisplayPort on the discrete video card (if that matters).

• 1. Re: Can't enable QuickSync
          spiderm@n

No one knows?

• 2. Re: Can't enable QuickSync
            Diego_Intel

Hello,

These systems using dual configurations for video controllers, may require customized and special drivers and configurations. In order to troubleshoot the problem, I suggest that you test the system without the PCI Express* video card and use only the integrated video display on the processor to see if you can use those features, then check with your computer manufacturer for any troubleshooting on setting the system with the additional PCI Express* video card.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Can't enable QuickSync
              spiderm@n

Without the discrete VGA card it works fine. Seems the problem was in the Lucid VirtuMVP software, it doesn't have configuration for the codecs and Action!, I've added them and now QuickSync works in Media Player Classisc just fine (going through video is faster than using the CUDA and in the end uses less power, since the VGA card stays in stand-by, nice thing, that makes most of the fans to go off). Thanks for the help.