2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2012 8:42 PM by Sterling LaPratt

DZ77GA70K CPU HOT Light - 2nd RMA and I know I'm setting it up right!

Sterling LaPratt

I have recently received a DZ77GA70K in the mail as a replacement, the one I had before the RMA would boot with the CPU HOT LED and then the fans would stop spinning. So obviously I RMA'd the board. I tried using 1333mhz ram, my core i7, my core i5, other ram modules, everything. There are no grounding issues I am an expirinced custom builder I've done this many times before. I've also tried different heatsinks and fans, gpu's also, with no luck. The only thing I haven't spawned out it the PSU and that was working fully in my last build. Does anyone have any advice I bought this board for $250 about, and hasn't shown to be worth it.

• 1. Re: DZ77GA70K CPU HOT Light - 2nd RMA and I know I'm setting it up right!
          Dan_Intel

Hello Sterling,

There are no other reports of similar issues for the DZ77GA70K and the CPU HOT LED. Our recommendation is testing the system on minimal configuration out of the chassis, check if the board is giving beep codes without memory installed and if possible changing the power supply as you mentioned. Ensure the processor is properly integrated into the board, no loose clips. The best troubleshooting option is swapping components as you have done previously. Ensure compatibility with all the components in the system.

• 2. Re: DZ77GA70K CPU HOT Light - 2nd RMA and I know I'm setting it up right!
            Sterling LaPratt

I actually did try the things you recommended and they seemed to work, thank you so much. You company is the best.

You mentioned trying different PSU's, and that was what I did first. Here's what I did to get it work:

1. Made sure the board had the same electrostatic liquid that the PSU did.

2. I grabbed the driver for the voltage regulator circuit from Intel's PSU compatability site and installed them in my PSU.

3. As I turned it on my holding to power button on the board along with the reset button as I held the CPU fan to prevent any processor torque as to not create an electromagnetic field around the scanbus, it miraculously worked.

P.S. Design your ******* boards better it woked with a different PSU. Note: All my PSU's worked with other builds.

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\...