2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2012 1:29 PM by photm

What is BIOS CMOS ChkSum Error (3)?

photm

Hi Folks,

I have just updated my BIOS and receive the above error. The BIOS reports that the Update was successful but I have this error 3.

Mother Board is: DH67BL

Serial Number is: BTBL147001WE

Version is: AAG10189-210

I will happy to provide any additional info required.

Thank You,

Crysta

• 1. Re: What is BIOS CMOS ChkSum Error (3)?
          Dan_Intel

Hello Crysta,

To correct the CMOS checksum error you are receiving, remove the RTC (Real Time Clock) battery and leave it out for 20 minutes.  After this period of time, insert the battery back in and turn the system back on; if it displays POST messages, go into BIOS Setup Utility by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs, which are located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What is BIOS CMOS ChkSum Error (3)?
            photm

Hi Dan,

I really appreciate your prompt response!

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to pull the system apart or haul it to my vendor as I am not well.

What damage has been done, if any?

What damage could be done if I left it, to lets say spring time?

Is there any additional considerations?

I was doing routine system and hardware's software updates and patches, which all completed fine without error, including all of Intels'. I then did a "Reimage PC Repair" run to reset my registry and cleanup other incidentals, all routine. I do this about once a quarter and all including complete reinstall of W 7 Pro SP 1's Patches all completed positively!!! Everything is A OKAY, except for this "warning".

Thanks again for your HELP!

It is much appreciated!!!

Crysta