1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 6:47 AM by Marc Janssen

DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN

sklod

Anyone else tried the 0104 BIOS? Seems to disable the onboard LAN port. Even when the port is checked in the settings. Downgraded to 0102 which works, upgraded to 0103 which also works. PCH temp still zero in all BIOS versions.

/Sklod

• 1. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
          jeffvc

Yep same issue, 0104 disabled onboard LAN.  Windows did not recognize hardware after update, appeared as unknown device in device manager.  Tried updating twice, same result

• 2. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
            bursev

Yep same issue, 0104 disabled onboard LAN and PCH temp still zero in all BIOS versions.

• 3. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
              bursev

0105 disabled onboard LAN and PCH temp still zero

DH77DF, SN BTDF21901YW0, Version AAG40293-300

i3-3225

• 4. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                Marc Janssen

FYI: 0106 disabled onboard LAN as well, didn't check PCH temp though.

• 5. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                  sklod

Just tried 0107, still disables onboard LAN.

• 6. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                    Marc Janssen

Hi sklod, Alexey, jeffvc,

I'm trying to bring the network adapter issue to Intel's attention.

Did you try to update your DH77DF with the latest 0108 BIOS?

Are you still experiencing the LAN adapter problem?

If you could please reply with your result in this thread:

http://communities.intel.com/message/186259#18625

Thanks and regards.

• 7. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                      Victor_Intel

Hello, this has been reported and I will make a note that it occurs with the latest BIOS also.

Regards.

• 8. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                        yeroon

Regarding NIC disconnection problems on DH77DF running Windows 8 64b.

integrated NIC: Intel 82579V

Running on BIOS rev. 0108

- Integrated NIC is disconnected after resuming from sleep - Using latest NIC driver from Intel

- Integrated NIC is disconnected after resuming from sleep - Using standard Windows 8 Intel driver

- Integrated NIC is connected after resuming from sleep - Using standard Windows 8 driver; power saving option disabled!

- sometimes the NIC is disconnected after a cold boot, but its difficult to reproduce this issue.

In all described situations a hardware re-detection from Windows 8 device manager will re-enable the NIC.

Is this the same problem that you people are referring to in this thread?

** UPDATE 25 march 2013 **

downgraded BIOS to version 0103

- problems described still exist on this older BIOS.

i read something in fora that the integrated Intel NIC seems to have problems with auto-negotiation on several network switches; different cable lengths/qualities, etc...

for now i'm trying these settings in combination with my NetGear GS108 1Gbit switch:

- fixed speed/duplex 1000/Full in the adapter properties

- power saving option enabled again. (back to default setting)

Until now (a few hours testing) i did not notice any disconnects anymore.

For testing purposes: i plugged the NIC directly on a Gbit port of my Fortinet firewall instead of my NetGear GS108.

i restored all settings of the NIC back to default:

- Speed/Duplex: auto/auto negotiation

- Power-saving on

I'm still testing...

I'm wondering; IF this problem has anything to do with bad auto negotiation WHY does it completely looses the connection to the NIC itself in the Windows device manager? that should not happen at all, very strange, it's seems to me there is some serious driver/hardware issue with this Intel network interface.

*** UPDATE 26 march ***

On BIOS version 0103 and 0108 i didn't notice any disconnects any more while connected to my Fortinet firewall.

It seems the used switch is influencing the disconnects of the Intel 82579V nic.

*** UPDATE 27 march ***

BIOS 0108: the NIC also disconnects when connected to my Fortinet. The problem occurs on both switches.

• 9. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                          yeroon

I contacted Intel Support and ask them about these disconnects, they gave me this link:

Download Center

• 10. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                            Marc Janssen

Hi yeroon,

The problem you are reporting is not the same as what's reported here. After 'we' upgraded from version 0103 to 0104 and above we lose our NIC permanently. Not imtermitting or anything it just doesn't work no matter what.

• 11. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                              yeroon

Okay, clear, i didn't read the entire thread, my fault.

Thanks for feedback.

Nevertheless, all DH77DF mainboards seem to have issues with the onboard NIC.

• 12. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                                sklod

Still broke in BIOS 0110, can we expect this to get fixed?

/Sklod

• 13. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                                  Diego_Intel

Let me check for an update on this and get back to you.

• 14. Re: DH77DF BIOS 0104 disables LAN
                                    tjhb

@victor_intel,

Is it you who has marked your own earlier post as a "correct answer" to this question?

If so, that is rough. Bad form generally I think, but it wouldn't matter very much if it were true. But it's false.

I doubt I am the only (potential) user waiting for a proper resolution to this thread (and its sister thread).

@Diego_Intel undertook to check status and return with update--two weeks ago. Perhaps he has left the company or been unwell (sorry if so).

In my case, I hesitate to invest time in building a system based on the DH77DF, because the ethernet seems to be so flaky (or is it the 82579V that is flaky, on all the boards where it is installed?).

Simple question (I hope): does the ethernet on the DH77DF function on *any* boards at all, using the latest BIOS 0110?

Less simple: if the ethernet does work on some boards, what makes them (or their setup) different from those on which it ceases to work after BIOS 0103?

It's frustrating (and not your fault, or Intel's) that the users who have reported problems in these two threads have (with very few exceptions) given no details of their hardware or software configurations.

I'd really appreciate further details, so I can decide whether to build with this board or RMA it.

1 2 3 Previous Next