11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2012 3:48 PM by Paul

DQ77KB Default Video

randomusr

Just powered on my DQ77KB and there's no video. I thought it might default to HDMI granted, I'm using the HDMI adapter to DVI to VGA. I believe this should work, however it's not. My Setup includes a Core i3 3225 with HD4000 graphics, 16 gb Ram from Crucial with supported Latencies, one Sata SSD (intel), slot load sata DVD and a 6300 ultimate N wireless card.

This is the only thing I suspect to have issues with. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
          Paul

Hello.

I have exactly the same problem, with the same processor. Motherboard flashes twice, which signifies a video error. So I am wondering if it may actually be the HD 4000?

I have tried more than one HDMI to DVI, as well as directly HDMI.

Any updates?

• 2. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
            Paul

This thread sounds of interest:

http://communities.intel.com/message/175602#175602

Maybe the BIOS isn't set to integrated graphics?

• 3. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
              randomusr

Right, so here is what I've found - I was using the supplied HDMI cable to DVI and then to DVI - VGA

I believe that the signal is completely Digital from HDMI to DVI, which means the DVI/VGA won't work as VGA is analog only. I bet it would work with a different DVI/VGA adapter, but who cares, I've just went back to HDMI/DVI and DVI cable and all is working.

I'd be happy to help if you can tell me more about what video adapters you're using.

It's possible that one of the following applies to you -

- Incorrect or Defective processor (check the compatible CPU's or swap CPU with this same)

- Incorrect Graphics settings in the BIOS (connect the other video port to monitor)

- Video port is burnt out (Use a known good adapter,cable, and monitor to Test)

- possibly Bad Ram (Intel Should comment on this)

• 4. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
                randomusr

Check with Intel and technical documentation about to to reset the BIOS to default as it may be corrupt.

Not sure how accurate/appropriate this is. I would do this if the board was out of warranty, or if given that instruction from Intel.

• 5. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
                  Paul

- Incorrect or Defective processor (check the compatible CPU's or swap CPU with this same)

I'm using the 3225, with HD4000.

- Incorrect Graphics settings in the BIOS (connect the other video port to monitor)

Tried reseting the BIOS, no go.

I don't have anything with DisplayPort, only HDMI, DVI or VGA.

- Video port is burnt out (Use a known good adapter,cable, and monitor to Test)

I have tried HDMI to HDMI with two TVs, a HDMI to DVI cable and a DVI cable with the HDMI adapter supplied with the motherboard, I get no signal from anything.

- possibly Bad Ram (Intel Should comment on this)

I've used both one and two sticks of G.Skill F3-12800CL9S-4GBSQ, which is meant to be rated atCL 9-9-9-28 and 1.5V (I read that Ivy Bridge requires 1.5V). The ram works fine in a laptop, and is also meant to be the right voltage.

I used the same power supply and ram in a DH61AG.

The only things I think it could be are the video cables, but I've tried more than one. I don't think it would get far enough to flash twice on the motherboard with a faulty CPU, as the two flashes are meant to signal a video problem, unless maybe the BIOS isn't set to use the HD4000, as I've tried resetting the BIOS I have no idea what to do.

I'd really like to just return the motherboard, but I don't know if I can do that if it's used.

• 6. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
                    Paul

Can you recommend a good adapter? I would have thought the one supplied in the box would be alright!

• 7. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
                      randomusr

I don't have much new info at th moment, however, I strongly believe that the Memory Latency you've stated is not supported. I can't confirm at the moment, and not sure if it would affect video. I'll check it later today.

• 8. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
                        randomusr

The one in the box should work, just don't use two adapters at the same time.

• 9. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
                          Paul

Interesting, sounds like something to try. Thank you .

I did try some other RAM at some point, but didn't check the latencies.

Which part number / latency did you use from Crucial? I've ended-up buying a Zotac ID61 as I haven't been able to get this working, so after a single 8GB SODIMM anyway.

I never had any problems with the DH61AG .

• 10. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
                            randomusr

The part number is CT2KIT102464BF1339 which you can find form NewEgg.

Please also check this link for support memory technology (densities) -

Intel´┐Ż Desktop Board DQ77KB — System memory

I also really wish someone from Intel would comment on the supported latencies.

• 11. Re: DQ77KB Default Video
                              Paul

Thank you so much!

I bought part-number CT102464BF160B, and the motherboard boots!

In future I'll use Crucial for RAM, instead of trying to get bargains on eBay, guaranteed to work and pretty damn cheap!

Thanks to you I now have a functional computer (well two now, having bought a Zotac ID61 out of frustration), instead of a doorstop .