Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

How do I reconnect to internet after My Wifi Tech is not connected?

idata
Employee

My laptop began updating, but ran out of battery power. Upon restart the internet was no longer discoverable. My only clue is that the My Wifi Technology adapter is not found, no modem.

I restored the computer to an earlier date, no luck.

Anyone?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The first thing you may probably want to check is if the wireless adapter is shown/detected in device manager (control panel). If so, try to uninstall it from there but do not check "Delete the driver software for this device" and then restart the computer.

If the wireless adapter is not detected at all in device manager it could mean the switch to enable it is off. Please consult the computer's documentation or contact the system manufacturer support line for assistance in regards of the wireless radio switch.

In any case if the issue persists you may want to elaborate a little bit more the description of the issue; please provide information such as: Intel® wireless adapter model, software/driver version, the device (AP/router) you are connecting to, and if the wireless adapter is detected.

0 Kudos