cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollback SSD to earlier Firmware?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all. I have an Intel X25-M 160GB SSD. I recently updated the SSD using the Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox v3.1.2 and I am having serious problems with my SSD using this new firmware.

Where can I go to obtain earlier versions of firmware for my X25-M 160GB SSD at? I'd like to rollback the firmware on my SSD to an earlier version. Is this possible?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Anyone care to take a shot at this?

I really need to install the previous firmware that was on my SSD. Where can I go to get older firmware that Intel had released?

Did you recently download the Toolbox which updated yur SSD? The firmware for that drive has not been updated in over a year. I am not aware of any issues with the 02M3 firmware. What are the serious problems you are experiencing?

Jim

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Jim, thanks for your response!

Here is what happened:

I purchased a brand new Intel X25-M 160GB SSD (SSDSA2MH160G2R5) a couple of years ago for an X58 build. During that time, the SSD sat in its packaging, sealed. Well, I finally completed that build about three months ago (better late than never!), and used the SSD as my boot drive. The system performed flawlessly.

About a month ago, I downloaded the Intel SSD Toolbox for the first time and discovered that an update for the firmware on my SSD was available. I went ahead and updated the firmware and since then, my system has been acting in the following manner:

1) If I have the screen saver set to turn on after a set period of time, the PC becomes unresponsive when I try to resume work. I can click icons and move the mouse around, but no windows will open. In order to get back to work, I have to perform a hard reset on the system.

2) If I have the monitor set to turn off after a set period of time, the PC becomes unresponsive when I try to resume work. I can click icons and move the mouse around, but again, no windows will open (a hard reset is needed). 3) If both the screen saver and monitor power off options are disabled, and the computer sits idling for a length of time, the PC is unresponsive when I try to resume work, even though I can click on icons and move the mouse around. Again, a hard reset is needed. I have tried the following to fix this: making sure my BIOS is up to date, the firmware on the SSD is current, and any power options that would put the PC (or its components, such as HDDs) to sleep, hibernate, or idle itself down to save power have been disabled. I have also verified that ACHI mode is enabled for all devices.

I have also donwloaded and installed the latest Intel RST software. None of the things I mentioned have fixed the problems I am experiencing. I am at a loss to explain why a system that once performed flawlessy is now locking my PC up after upgrading the firmware on the SSD.

The SSD firmware version that is currently on the SSD is 2CV102M3.

I am convinced that if I were able to roll-back the firmware or install an older version of the firmware on the SSD that the problems I am having would be resolved.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I have taken a photo of the retail box with the information on the side panel if this will help determine what firmware version originally came with the SSD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/garetjax27/Mis/SSD_Info-1.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/garetjax27/Mis/SSD_Info-1.png

Thanks!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Jim,

Any chance of having you weigh in? I'd rather not have to RMA this SSD (covered under warranty until March 2013), but at this point, I don't know what else I can do to fix this issue.

Thanks!