0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2012 4:01 AM by Arnold

Intel Audio Controller Driver

Arnold

Hello,

*Disclaimer: This is the first time I've encountered this problem and have learned a lot about drivers in the past 2 days. If there is any confusion in my description, please let me know.

I have built a new computer using an EVGA z68 SLI Micro board with an i5-3570k processor. Everything is okay, except that I get no sound. I have contacted EVGA technical support many times, and they were not able to help me with my problem. They always suggest me to install the realtek driver that came with my motherboard, but it doesn't seem to install correctly. The 'High Definition Audio Device' does not change to 'Realtek High Definition Audio Device'.

After closer inspection, I found that the PCI device responsible for my HD audio controller has a hardware id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_10333842&REV_05 (meaning Intel is the vendor). However, it is labelled as 'High Definition Audio Controller' with Microsoft drivers. I suspect that the Microsoft driver may be the cause of my problem.

I have installed the latest chipset updates and the PCI device is still called 'High Definition Audio Controller'. I looked through the .inf files from the chipset update, and did not find any for DEV_1C20. However, I did some research and found that a driver does exist for the PCI device: (PCI Devices). Is there a driver update available for my device?

-Arnold Evia