1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2012 9:31 AM by nails

Graphics driver on the 410PT seem

garpag vhan

I have a 410PT board, mini itx.

I don't know if this is the right section, but I do run the board on my desktop table!

I know the graphics are supposed to be nothing special, but they are so limited that I wonder if maybe my drivers aren't up to date. Or i'm using some default.

I have installed the chipset drivers and didn't see any other driver for the display.

I am running Windows 7, and when I try to run Solitaire, it says

""hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow gamer performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on..""

There can be other limitations too like I don't think I can use Aero Peek

The driver doesn't support WDDM which has been around since Vista.  I'm guessing maybe there's a newer driver that does?

I've also found that I have no sleep mode and i'm wondering if that is because of an old display driver.

Control panel..power options..choose what the power buttons do.  It shows "Do nothing"  "hibernate" "shutdown". But doesn't show "sleep".

http://i47.tinypic.com/11qogeu.jpg

And when I use this command to display power related things, specifically what sleep modes are available, it blames my Graphics.

But i've never seen a computer so limited that it can't Sleep. Sure it can hibernate, but not sleep! I've never seen that before. I wonder if maybe there's a more up to date driver?

C:\Users\bob>powercfg -A

The following sleep states are available on this system: Hibernate

The following sleep states are not available on this system:

Standby (S1)

The VGAPNP.SYS display driver does not support standby.  Please consult

your hardware vendor for an updated display driver.

Standby (S2)

The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S3)

Hybrid Sleep

C:\Users\bob>