1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2012 3:23 PM by shoggy75

Intel Matrix Storage Manager - - Reset Disks to NON-RAID

AnnaG

Hi,

Today I installed a second HDD.  My existing HDD was partitioned to Drive C (system), F and G - where D and E are DVD drives.

I partitioned the second HDD to Drive J, K and L (matching Drive C, F and G capacity and block size).  Then I decided to try RAID 1, using the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager and its Intel Matrix Storage Console 8.8.0.1009, and created my first RAID volume.

Sad thing is, I really knew nothing about RAID this before executing the command.  It took approx 2 hours for the process to complete.

Now I would like to revert back to my existing HDD and do whatever is necessary to rework the second HDD back to Drive J, K and L.  However, I am concerned that I may lose all the data on my existing HDD and its Drive C, F and G.

At startup, I notice that CNTL-I gets me into RAID setup where one option states:

Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v6.0.0.1022 ICH8R

[Main Menu]
      1. Create RAID Volume
      2. Reset Disks to NON-RAID
      3. Exit

[Disk/Volume Information]
      RAID Volumes:
      ID - 0
      Names - Volume_0000
      Level - RAID1 (mirror)
      Strip - N/A
      Size - 298.1GB
      Status - Normal
      Bootable - Yes

Physical Disks:

Port - 0
      Drive - WDC
      Model - WD320
      Serial# - WD-XX
      Size - 298.1GB
      Type/Status (Vol ID) - Member Disk (0)

Port - 1
      Drive - WDC
      Model - WD320
      Serial# - WD-XY
      Size - 298.1GB
      Type/Status (Vol ID) - Member Disk (0)

Can I execute Main Menu 2, and Reset Disks to NON-RAID without losing all my data on my existing HDD and its Drive C, F and G?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and or recommendations.

Regards,

Anna

• 1. Re: Intel Matrix Storage Manager - - Reset Disks to NON-RAID
          shoggy75

I am using an Asus P6T board with Intel I7 and 12GB ram. This was my late husbands computer he left to me. It was an Intel Matrix Raid 10 with 5 Sata HDD's. I went on the MOBO, took out the Sata plugs on port 0and 1 and just reinstalled them onto the Sata ports 2-6. I rebooted my system and theOS, Windows 7 Ultra 64 bit,  came up no problem after I went into the BIOS and made sure that RAID was turned off. All of the drives show up in the system, however there is one drive I had some music and games on, not installed just as storage, and I can't find the drive. I went into search and still nothing.  All of the drives show up, but 2 of them are exactly the same, understanding they were mirrored, but I can't find the other drive. Did I loose my data or is there a way I can try to retrieve my data back. Since it was Drive F in the Raid system, I have no idea what drive it woudl be on now. Can anyone help me?