Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

i5 3750k computer freeze (mostly on YT/games)

idata
Employee

having tried my system in a variety of setups (graphics there/removed, RAM sticks individually/groups of 2/3/all 4) computer freeze appears quickly but at no definite time interval on start of watching a youtube vid or playing video game ( 20sec

having seen a similar problem raised , i would try the suggested solution but unfortunately I've no idea how...

a more layman-y wording or possible other cause/solution would be much appreciated

core setup:

i5 3750k @3.40GHz

16 GB DDR3 @807Hz

gigabyte technology Z77M-D3H

AMD Radeon 7850 2GB

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi,

Its very similar with my case. I did a lot research on the net about this problem, and one of sites was the gigabyte discussion of your motherboard model http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=8885.0 GA-Z77-D3H freezes suddenly every day .

Following the Intel_karla hint, i changed the voltage of my memory to 1.30v (1.25v originally) and no freezing all day long.

If you memory sticks is low voltage like mine is, try to change the voltage.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Its very similar with my case. I did a lot research on the net about this problem, and one of sites was the gigabyte discussion of your motherboard model http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=8885.0 GA-Z77-D3H freezes suddenly every day .

Following the Intel_karla hint, i changed the voltage of my memory to 1.30v (1.25v originally) and no freezing all day long.

If you memory sticks is low voltage like mine is, try to change the voltage.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

my thanks for your most helpful commenting, stability much improved now bit early to say gone yet but i have good feeling.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You are welcome, 2 days since i changed the voltage of memory sticks, and no freezing to report .

0 Kudos