Thank you for your post Dan,
I understand that you have some questions regarding the Intel® My WiFi Technology.
As per the description of your issue I recommend you to check the following:
1. Make sure that the driver is up-to-date. Please note that many issues can be resolved by updating an out-of-date driver. Verify you have the latest drivers. Please check the following link for further information:
Automatically install your wireless driver and software: Intel® Driver Update Utility Wireless. http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless
2. Make sure that the Wi-Fi radio is on. Use the hardware switch, button, combination of keys or software to turn the Wi-Fi radio on.
3. Double check if the Wi-Fi adapter is enabled: Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections, right-click on the adapter. If disabled is an option, the adapter is enabled.
4. Access point or Wi-Fi broadband router is functioning: Verify that you have an IP address by referencing the AP vendor documentation or by contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
5. Check if the network adapter is detected: If the network adapter is not detected, there can be a number of problems from the BIOS is not configured correctly to the drivers need to be updated. If you are using an Intel® Network Adapter, verify you have the latest drivers. For other manufacturers, see their support resources.
You may also check the following links for further information:
Intel® Centrino® Wi-Fi Products: Resolving Wi-Fi network connection issues
Intel® Centrino® Wi-Fi Products: Switch the Wi-Fi radio on using Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software
I hope this helps
Hi Victor, thank you.
I'm pretty sure its a driver issue. But I have a new problem. I get an error when I try to run the driver utility (says there is some kind of installation/firewall/browser configuration error. When I tried to install it directly, I got an error about there not being enough disc space. But I have a significant amount of space, and I can install other programs. Any thoughts as to why I am getting these errors? Thanks!