11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2012 6:03 AM by thodrett

DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?

icetea

Unsure if to buy the new DQ77KB or the older DH61AG as there seems to be more complaints around the web and on here about the DQ77KB that it has me concerned that the DQ77KB is not ready and has design flaws?

Thoughts from any owners.

Thanks

• 1. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
          Ziad Aghar

It all depends on your budget.

If you want a solid system go for the x-79 chipset something like the DX79SI or the DX79SR if you like to buy Intel Motherboards. At the end of the day it all depends on what you want to do with your Rig.

One thing for sure don't go for the DH61AG it's very limited.

• 2. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
            icetea

HUH ???

Is the x-79 a mini ITX ultra thin board with built in Pico PSU like the DQ77KB or DH61AG?

• 3. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
              Ziad Aghar

No, surely Not. It's a different class we are talking about.

As I said "At the end of the day it all depends on what you want to do with your Rig."

If I was you I would buy something that would allow me for some upgrades in the future.

if space is your concern then I would go for a mid tower stylish looking case but, that's me.

May I ask what you wanna do with your sys? Is it going to be a HTPC??

• 4. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
                icetea

Without wishing to sound rude the thread topic is about comparing Intels 2 ultra small thin ITX boards the orginal Sandybridge DH61AG against the newer ivybridge DQ77KB and they are the only boards that will fit in a Lian Li Q05.

The op even says "thoughts from owners" so i'm at abit of a lose why you are talking about x-79 and asking what i wish to do with it?

Thanks for your comments though as i'm sure you ment well.

• 5. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
                  Ziad Aghar

Just for the record I didn't want you to have the problems associated with the 77 chipset & didn't want you to go a step backwards with the H61 Chipset

Albeit, you tried but you did sound rude.

• 6. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
                    Mithy

I get the feeling Ziad doesn't know these are specialized tiny bespoke boards that can only be fitted in a handful of cases and run from a 19v power brick.

Why he has suddenly started talking about two full size boards is a bit bizarre , It's a bit like asking the difference between two revisions of a laptops and someone starts talking in the thread about a desktop computer.

• 7. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
                      Ziad Aghar

Capture.JPG

Of course I know the difference. He could have just said "Ziad I'm only interested with these two boards". As I didn't know anything about his limitations.

Such a reply would have been much better than his condescending post.

Jesus, I'm sorry icetea. Have a fresh thread if I messed it up for you. I'll even make one up for you.

Besides I think that you only get points if someone gave you a point or something.

Once more I'm sorry, what else do you want??

• 8. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
                        Mithy

It's obvious from his first post he wishes to only talk about those two boards.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
                          thodrett

Ziad do you have to be so obnoxious when you are making yourself look like a fool?

The op doesn't need to say "Ziad I'm only interested with these two boards" as the op has already stated what two board he wishes to discuss.

What you are posting is as ridiculous as someone suggesting a full sized telephone kiosk in a winows 8 mobile phone thread.

• 10. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
                            Ziad Aghar

Don't make accounts & pretend that these are different people.

Man up & talk to me with your account like a man

You can post anything you like, I won't reply anymore you infant

• 11. Re: DQ77KB or DH61AG  ?
                              thodrett

So not only do you make moronic posts you also suffer from delusional paranoia.