7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 1:27 PM by caesar

DZ75ML-45K bios 0014

caesar

I finally got a stable working ddr3 2133Mhz . Only three errors tested with MemTest -100% coverage ! Bud at 2400Mhz PC not working fine . DDR3 model is KHX24C11T2K2/8X .

• 1. Re: DZ75ML-45K bios 0014
          caesar

Hello!

The motherboard is not working properly with Hynix ddr3 at 2400mhz memory, with all version of bios.

• 2. Re: DZ75ML-45K bios 0014
            Victor_Intel

Hello Caesar,

The motherboard may not be the problem, you may be facing a limitation of the processor that you are using as it does not support that frequency.

Intel(R) only recommends to use the products under their factory specification to get the best reliability and performance.

Regards.

• 3. Re: DZ75ML-45K bios 0014
              caesar

Written was that Ivy Bridge will support up to 2800Mhz  DDR3 ... My CPU is i3-3225 with same memory controller, like other Ivy Bridge processors. It is appropriate to unlock Intel i3 processors third generation, because three megabytes of cache is nothing for the new operating systems respectively.

I'm slightly annoyed because I was with E6550 which has two cores and four megabytes of cache ... 65nm

,without hyper trading and overclocked is the same like "new" CPU ... However, I am extremely pleased with the new motherboard DZ75ML-45K !

• 4. Re: DZ75ML-45K bios 0014
                Victor_Intel

Hello,

Ivy Bridge is a pre-production name for a processor family. Your processor is designed to utilize memory up to 1600MHz at 1.5v.

Regards.

• 5. Re: DZ75ML-45K bios 0014
                  caesar

Hello!

All Ivy Bridge is designed to utilize memory up to 1600MHz at 1.5v.

Motherboards are designed with memory 2400Mhz + also utopian values of 1.9v + ... and I left the question "what's the point" ?

• 6. Re: DZ75ML-45K bios 0014
                    rbmorse

The point is that you may be able to fiddle with voltage and timing specs on the motherboard to get the processor to run in an "overclocked" condition if you desire to do so, but Intel doesn't recommend it and Intel doesn't support it (even if they make it possible with the "K" family processors).  No big mystery.

• 7. Re: DZ75ML-45K bios 0014
                      caesar

Most interesting is that the faster memory should not shorten the life of the CPU on the contrary! I do not know what Intel decided three but four generations newer technology is at least faster in the not too mainstream applications while it is QUITE expensive, more than strange!

However, I hope to get an answer why motherboard supports 2400DDR3 in leaves processor compatibility is not maintained all ...