Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Notebook Processor Replacement

idata
Employee

I want to replace T2370 with T9300 processor, on my GME965 Express Chipset. Can I do that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hellos Maks,

We rely on the motherboard and system manufacturers to maintain such compatibility information because their testing requires the use of our processors (not vice-versa). The board must be validated for the power and thermal specifications of the processor. The manufacturer must release a BIOS update for the board with explicit support for the stepping and frequency of the processor. They should also provide any configuration changes or updates specific to the board. Compatibility and upgrade information must be specific to a motherboard, and it must come from the motherboard manufacturer. Please note compatibility is not determined by the chipset, but by the specific motherboard model.

We recommend contacting the motherboard manufacturer for compatibility information between the Intel(R) processors and your motherboard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hellos Maks,

We rely on the motherboard and system manufacturers to maintain such compatibility information because their testing requires the use of our processors (not vice-versa). The board must be validated for the power and thermal specifications of the processor. The manufacturer must release a BIOS update for the board with explicit support for the stepping and frequency of the processor. They should also provide any configuration changes or updates specific to the board. Compatibility and upgrade information must be specific to a motherboard, and it must come from the motherboard manufacturer. Please note compatibility is not determined by the chipset, but by the specific motherboard model.

We recommend contacting the motherboard manufacturer for compatibility information between the Intel(R) processors and your motherboard.

0 Kudos