2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2012 5:37 AM by sivakumar

My i5 2500k is stuck in a boot Loop

sivakumar

I bought a i5 2500k processor on OCT 25th, 2012. From the start onwards i have encountered boot loop issue and occasional screen freeze. I thought it was a mobo problem so i went on to change the mobo from Gigabyte to MSI. To my dismay the problem didn't go away.

I contacted the Intel Support Chat and i don't have any idea whether they are really qualified enough. They keep on asking me to change the RAM and PSU and i followed their advice as they were experts. Again to my dismay the problem still existed. I went with them again to ask for solutions and they simply asked me to contact the local support group. I have no idea how to contact the local support group.

Now i am really tired and frustrated and i5 2500k is a real crappy product. I am going to throw it to the ditch. I was previously using an AMD system which had no trouble for the past two years. I going to continue with AMD and i will not think of getting a intel product again in my life.

• 1. Re: My i5 2500k is stuck in a boot Loop
          Ziad Aghar

hello Siva,

I understand your frustration. However, can you elaborate a little. I mean is your CPU heating? what exactly do you mean by boot loop? What are your complete system configurations & details?

Everything is solvable, so don't worry. One thing is that Intel honor their Warranty.

Send me your configurations & more details as to what is going on with you

• 2. Re: My i5 2500k is stuck in a boot Loop
            sivakumar

Thanks for your reply. No, my cpu is not heating and it stays below the 70 degree Celsius every time it starts. Boot loop means that the computer will freeze/restart infinitely every morning or after a power cut.

My cpu and MOBO is just about 30 days old and the problem started from day one.

Configuration:

I5 2500k CPU

G Skill DDR3 1033 Memory

MSI MOBO MSI-H61-P3

Odyssey PSU 450W

Intex Cabinet

Logitech Keyboard

Microsoft Mouse