2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2009 8:38 AM by kinshuk

Does DG45ID Motherboard support Intel-VT ? and whether it has an option to enable/disable in bios

kinshuk

Hi

Before buying this motherboard , I wanna know whether this board support Intel-VT and does it have an option to enable/disable through bios , my processor choice with is Core2duo E8400 (this cpu supports VT) , whether some one tried ESX server on this board ? , your expertise suggestions would be more than help for me .

Thanks

Kinshuk

• 1. Re: Does DG45ID Motherboard support Intel-VT ? and whether it has an option to enable/disable in bios
          Aryan2411

Hi Kinshuk,

Since your question is a pre-sales one. I will just comment on two boards, then it is entirely upto you to decide which one is better for your needs.

Motherboard DG45ID:
          ===================
          This is a Media Series board.
          It has HDMI support using the Intel Graphics Media X4500HD and a 7.1 audio subsystem using the IDT 92HD73E high def. audio codec.
          It supports CIR - Consumer Infra Red.
          It supports the Intel VIIV Technology. (Media functionality)

Motherboard DQ45CB:
          ===================
          This is a Executive Series board.
          It has a 5.1 channel audio subsystem using the ADI AD1882 high def. audio codec.
          It supports the Intel TPM V1.2 (Intel Trusted Platform Module) technology.
          It supports the Intel AMT V5.0 (Intel Active Management Tech).

Both boards have:
          =================
          Support for FSB upto 1333, 1066, 800 Mhz.
          Support DDR2  800, 667 Mhz

Now the main thing -
          From the Technical Specifications Document for both boards:
          ===========================================================
          TPS for DQ45CB: http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dq45cb/sb/e42785001us.pdf
          TPS for DG45ID: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/DG45ID/sb/CS-029158.htm

I can see that only in the TPS for the board DQ45CB, it mentions something on Intel Virtualisation.
          Page 32

Probably, the board DG45ID does not support Intel Virtualisation in the bios. Usually, the Intel VT is found in the BIOS >> Security Option

I am 100% sure that the board DQ45CB has this option in the BIOS. For the DG45ID, probably it is not available.

If you search for DG45ID, there is a similar post like this which i have posted last time, there is a screenshot of the bios for the board DQ45CB.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Kind Regards,

Aryan

• 2. Re: Does DG45ID Motherboard support Intel-VT ? and whether it has an option to enable/disable in bios
            kinshuk

Hi Aryan

Thanks for sharing this wonderful info , I suspect easily to get DQ45CB Motherboard at Banaglore , I searched some of giant online vendors too (ebay.in) but could'nt able to get it , do you have any clue in other vendor ( asus , abit or gigabyte) to get VT supported board

Thanks

Kinshuk