Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Updateing the graphics and media control panel

idata
Employee

Hello,

I recently factory reset my computer because it was acting slowly. All was fine and i was able to backup all my stuff and re-install my programs. However, the graphics "tray" on the right hand side of the task bar has seem to have downgraded its self. It used to be called "Graphics and media control panel" and looked like this:

After the re-install it has been renamed to "Graphics media accelerator driver for mobile" and it looks like this:

I have looked all over the internet for a download or a way to update it but had no luck. My old console seem to be easier to navigate, had a couple extra features, and just looks better. That's why i would greatly appreciate any help in getting it back.

If it helps, I have a eMachines E525 running windows 7 (64 bit) with a pentium dual-core CPU.

Thank you,

Alex.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Alexander,

The version of the Graphics and Media Control Panel is directly tied to the version of display driver you're using.

If you are using an off-the-shelf system; download the latest display driver from your OEM's (original equipment manufacturer's) website.

If you are using a home-built system; download the latest display driver from our Download Center.http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel Download Center

For the second option; try using the Intel Driver Update Utility tool, as it should automate the process of discovering your display adapter, finding which driver you need, and prompting you to install it.

Let me know if you have any issues!

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the help Nic, but i looked on the eMachines website and i couldn't find any display drivers. It's not a big issue but i am still very appreciative of the response and if you think of anything else, i hope you can contact me again. Oh, and sorry it took me so long to reply.

Many thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

If they do not have a driver for you to use, you can still try using one of our generic drivers and see if it resolves your problem. Use the previously stated Intel Driver Update Utility, and let me know if it downloads/installs a driver for you. It may not work immediately though, so let me know if that's the case.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos