Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HP DC7700 Intel Q965/Q963 Drivers for Winows 8

idata
Employee

I have a client that is looking to upgrade their office workstations from Winows 7 to Windows 8 and has asked me to look into this for them, they have given us 3 systems to test, and although the initial installation has gone fine, there is a big issue with the video card drivers, the system is very unstable and with error messages being displayed every minute or so stating that it has issues with the Intel drivers, it eventually crashes out and reboot. I have searched the web and cannot locate a suitable driver, can anyone advise me as to if there is a driver available for this model.

james

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi James,

There are no Windows 8 drivers for the CPU's supported by DC7700. Those machines will need an upgraded configuration in order to run Win8. To clarify, the Pentium 4™, Pentium D™ and Core 2 Duo™ are the only 3 listed CPU's supported by the system according to the website here; http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00798873&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3232028&prodTypeId=12454 HP Compaq dc7700 Convertible Minitower PC - HP Compaq dc7700 Business PC Convertible Minitower - Overview - c00798873 - HP Business Support Center Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thank you,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK, I don't fully understand your answer as its not the CPU that's the problem, the problem is the inbuilt video controller, if you are saying that this is the issue and that there is no upgrade path for this system because of the video card then this surely would be a very large oversight on Intels behalf, as this system is a standard office system for a lot of companies, we know of at least 6 large corporate companies that use the DC7700 systems over here with I would easily guess at least over 400+systems over jut the 6 companies we deal with, if there is not an upgrade path available i doubt if these companies would be that happy to purchase HP systems again just in case the same issues occur a year or two down the line.

This issue with the systems seem to be just the video controller as the default driver loaded under windows 8 is the vista based driver, and this keeps failing, and when it finally crashes it states again that the issue is the video controller, and even looking at device manager the only issue is the display driver, all others are OK. So why is the problem the CPU, please clarify!!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

THanks for this, but I'm afraid windows 8 does not like this driver and thinks the presently installed driver which is labelled a Vista driver is more suitable!

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000 & 4000/2500 are the only two graphics products that we provide Windows 8 drivers for. Intel® HD Graphics (no number) for 1st gen core processors and pentium/celeron chips have Windows 8 driver support provided by Microsoft*. Anything before that, including Q965/Q963 (also known as Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000) does not have driver support for Windows 8.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos