8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 9:42 PM by onetorulemall

Bios Troubles on DZ77RE-75K with 057,058 and 059

tomha

Tried to update the Bios of my DZ77RE-75K Mainboard from Version 053 to 059 because of not working WakeOnLan functionality.

With Bios 059 my Raid Controller no longer is recognized from the bios(LSI SAS9271-8i).

Downgraded to 058=> Raid Controller not recogniced, F7 Bios Update not working anymore.

Followed bios rescue procedure(Mainboard Jumper) and recovered to Bios 057. The Raid Card was not recognized, too.

So i flashed back to 053 then the LSI Controller was recognized again.

Seems to be hard to produce a bios version recognizing raid Cards.

• 1. Re: Bios Troubles on DZ77RE-75K with 057,058 and 059
          Dan_Intel

Hello tomha,

We would like to inform you that RAID controller cards are oriented for server boards, Intel(R) motherboards are not designed for this kind of devices. We will forward your inquiry for future consideration.

• 2. Re: Bios Troubles on DZ77RE-75K with 057,058 and 059
            tomha

Dear Dan_Intel

First of all, many thanks for your reply and forwarding my inquiry.

I would like to mention that the RAID Card was not recognized by the Initial bios release but with Bios 049 and 053 the RaId Card worked without any Problems and was recognized. The functionality was lost with Bios Version 057 and up.

Beside that, there is an option to displayIactivate PCIE Cards bios and this Option, feel free to correct me, if i am wrong, is intended to use such controller cards.

Since the RAID Card functionality got lost with newer bios Releases it should be possible to get this functionality back again.

Once again, thank you forwarding my issue.

Best Regards, tomha

• 3. Re: Bios Troubles on DZ77RE-75K with 057,058 and 059
              stephenb.b.r

Just don't keep your hopes up, A very high chance they wont do anything to help your situation. Just look at how they have neglected serious BIOS issues that they caused on the DZ68BC on BIOSes 0035,0036,0037 with no hope of help coming any time soon. so i highly think you will be left in the dark just move on without the support or stay on the BIOS you are on now.

I am very disappointed with Intel's Support/Tech Support/ BIOS Team i don't know what happened to stability, reliability and all the good things that made us buy Intel Boards I know for a fact that very many people are now looking elsewhere for other Boards.

• 4. Re: Bios Troubles on DZ77RE-75K with 057,058 and 059
                Ziad Aghar

The thing about intel boards is that you get the basic chipset functions with your board, nothing fancy & good stability, great CS. At least, thats how things were.

We are all shifting to other vendors. Trust me it's not that their CS is that better than Intel's but at least you can mail one. Plus, you get the fancy things with other boards like Asus or Gigabyte.

• 5. Re: Bios Troubles on DZ77RE-75K with 057,058 and 059
                  Tadashi Dalba

may I know if 059 bios is worth? I'm still in 053 wich work well.

• 6. Re: Bios Troubles on DZ77RE-75K with 057,058 and 059
                    tomha

Bios 060 isn´t recognizing my raid card too.

Other Troubles i had with bios Versions 057 to 060:

No Output while flashing the bios. Power led blinking and blinking corsor on Screen. No further information

Sometimes no restart after flashing the bios. The power led was of and the board running - no restart.

Massive Troubles with usb Keyboards not recognized by the board for bios Access on some usb ports

@ mukuru: cannot say much about 059 and 060, because this Versions do not recognice my raid Card resulting in a non bootable System. I´m using 053, it is the last Version able to boot my pc with.

• 7. Re: Bios Troubles on DZ77RE-75K with 057,058 and 059
                      Tadashi Dalba

Updated from 053 to 060. My machine work well but on bios menu, boot page there are no one hdd detected! also  f2/f7 option disappaiered on skull splash screen.

• 8. Re: Bios Troubles on DZ77RE-75K with 057,058 and 059
                        onetorulemall

On my part on Intel DZ77GA-70K bios 60 works almost perfect except for when i try to bios update from F7 (i think) the motherboard is freezing there .Windows update and recovery bios method works.But F7 or Iflash method nope.I have done all the bios update from 038 till 53 and maybe 58(can't remember for sure) and F7 version was working alright.Tried also removing battery/reseting mobo to default even recovery mode.Nothing apart from windows and recovery bios methods.